The neonatal Nurse is responsible for providing advanced nursing care to the neonates including first treatment after birth, neonatal resuscitation and routine care in the unit.
- Application of basic hygiene rules
- She is responsible for maintaining hygiene within the New Born Unit (NBU)
- Application of MSF protocols for hand washing and use of gloves
- Application of disinfection protocol invasive medical procedures
- Waste management and change of safety box as needed.
- Observation of the general cleanliness of the NBU
- Education about personal hygiene to mothers during hospitalization and at the time of discharge.
- Nursing care
While performing her duty, the nurse:
- Monitors patients’ vital parameters, condition, intake and output, infusion therapy, etc. and records them in the file
- Provides advanced neonatal care.
- Professionally uses the specific medical Equipment
- Supports mothers in breastfeeding, kangaroo mother care, new born care, etc
- Passes IV-Lines, takes blood for laboratory tests prepares and injects medication and infusions
- Organizes pharmacy, logistic and laundry order and storage
- Passes and monitors gastric tubes, nasal prongs or oxygen masks
- Accompanies patients on transfers to other structures or for investigations
- Organizes the documentation and files for all patients admitted.
- Participates in the medical round and informs the doctors of the progress of each patient.
- The applicants selected will have to:
- Observe the MSF charter.
- Perform all activity in line with the MSF protocols and procedures.
- Respect the time schedule and be at work on time (flexible at any time).
- Treat the patient with care and respect providing good quality care.
- Respect the patient privacy and strictly respect community culture, norms.
- Maintain good relationship with other team members.
- Adhere to MSF Clinical Guidelines and protocols.
Education (mandatory): Nurse (RNRM & BsN) PNC registered (4 years Diploma) Bachelor degree in Nursing
Experience desirable: At least 2 years as a nurse specialized in Neonatology or/and experienced in neonatal care, strong interest in women and new born health
- Previous experience in international NGO and/or with MSF is an asset
- Required languages (essential) : English, Pashto, Urdu
- Competences desirable : Teamwork, Flexibility, Patience, commitment, Reporting Skills, diplomacy, stress management
WORK LOCATION: Women Hospital, University Town, Peshawar
POSITION: Permanent Contract (1 position) + Temporary Contract in case of peak of activities
SHIFTS: Sitting duties - Rotating (morning, afternoon, day, night)
PROBABLE START DATE: 1st November 2019