NBU NursesDaily Workers (3)MAIN PURPOSEThe neonatal Nurse is responsible for providing advanced nursing care to the neonates including first treatment after birth, neonatal resuscitation and routine care in the unit. MAIN RESPONSABILITIES
- Application of basic hygiene rules
- She is responsible for maintaining hygiene within the New Born Unit (NBU)
- Application of MSF protocols for hand washing and use of gloves
- Application of disinfection protocol invasive medical procedures
- Waste management and change of safety box as needed.
- Observation of the general cleanliness of the NBU
- Education about personal hygiene to mothers during hospitalization and at the time of discharge.
- Nursing care
While performing her duty, the nurse:
- Monitors patients’ vital parameters, condition, intake and output, infusion therapy, etc. and records them in the file
- Provides advanced neonatal care.
- Professionally uses the specific medical Equipment
- Supports mothers in breastfeeding, kangaroo mother care, new born care, etc
- Passes IV-Lines, takes blood for laboratory tests prepares and injects medication and infusions
- Organizes pharmacy, logistic and laundry order and storage
- Passes and monitors gastric tubes, nasal prongs or oxygen masks
- Accompanies patients on transfers to other structures or for investigations
- Organizes the documentation and files for all patients admitted.
- Participates in the medical round and informs the doctors of the progress of each patient.
- The applicants selected will have to:
- Perform all activity in line with the MSF protocols and procedures.
- Respect the time schedule and be at work on time (flexible at any time).
- Treat the patient with care and respect providing good quality care.
- Respect the patient privacy and strictly respect community culture, norms.
- Maintain good relationship with other team members.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CONDITIONS:
- Adhere to MSF Clinical Guidelines and protocols
· Education: Nurse (RNRM & BsN) PNC registered (4 years Diploma) or Bachelor degree in Nursing
· Experience: At least 2 years as a nurse specialized in Neonatology or/and experienced in neonatal care, strong interest in women and new born health
· Previous experience in international NGO and/or with MSF is an asset
· Required languages : English, Pashto, Urdu
· Competences : Basic computer skills(word, Excel) , Teamwork, Flexibility, Patience, commitment, Reporting Skills, stress management CONDITIONWORK LOCATION
Daily Worker (3 positions max) SHIFTS:
Rotating (morning, afternoon, day, night)PROBABLE START DATE:
September 2019NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for tests and interviews. MSF reserves the right to reject individual applications or cancel the whole of the recruitment process without notice.