- To act a Security Focal Point at project level.
- To monitor and analyse contextual developments at project level.
- To advice the PC on security incidents, contextual developments and security situation of the project/country.
- To provide regular reports on context / security situation.
- To assist the PC in risk analysis and Project Local Security Plans.
- To develop and maintain appropriate contacts with the local community and relevant official authorities in consultation with the PC.
- To represent MSF to the local community and official authorities, as requested by the PC.
- To facilitate the efficient development and running of all programs, ensuring that adequate resources are provided.
- To support HR / Fin Department, as required.
- To conduct context and cultural briefings for in-coming expatriates/inpats, as delegated by the PC.
- To act as Project Focal Point in case of remote management
Security management and reporting
- Proactively gathers, Informs, updates and advises the PC on a daily basis on security related issues, incidents and relevant events occurring in the project district/area.
- Informs and advises on changes to local political and security context.
- Assists the PC concerning staff movements approval, according to the security situation.
- Provides links to officials and relevant external actors.
- Updates on a regular (ad hoc) basis the “Who is who” database of key influential people of the community leaders, authorities, religious, political and non-governmental organizations in the project district/area.
- Updates monthly contact list of relevant actors / authorities for the project.
- Updates monthly incident log and produces an analysis report for security management purposes.
- Acts as Focal Point in security management in the project during remote management phase.
Security Staff management
- Assists expatriates in understanding the cultural and general context of the project and advises on appropriate cultural communication and behavior.
- Ensures proper briefing to Inpats in the project, as delegated by the PC.
- Assists the PC on Expats / Inpats Security Plans development and implementation.
- Arranges security escorts for all movements requiring such specific arrangements as per the local security plans.
Representation – only actions in consultation with the PC
- Develops and maintains appropriate contacts with the local community and relevant official authorities.
- Organizes and participates at external meetings between the PC / HoM (if required) and relevant actors at District / Provincial levels.
- In absence of the PC or in remote management set up, represents MSF towards official authorities and other relevant external actors, replacing the PC in external meetings.
- Prepares meeting minutes/reports after any such meeting and shares with the PC
Project Management & Support
- Provides support to Admin / Fin department and assists the PC in HRM, when required.
- In collaboration with the PC, ensures that all staff is aware and respects MSF principles in day-to-day operations and activities, and in general as part of an MSF project
- Documents and maintains the organization’s (specifically related to the project) institutional memory, including but not limited to context, political, cultural and security analysis.
- In absence of expats (after approval from PC), acts as National Staff Focal Point for the whole Project, ensuring an adequate functioning of the program.
- Organizes and follows up all NOC applications required for all expatriates of the mission towards concerned authorities.
- Supports ISB on VISA applications for expatriates, when required
Others / Various
- Maintains full confidentiality concerning all work-related informations.
- Performs translations of letters, reports or any other relevant document.
- Acts as a translator, if needed.
- Completes any other tasks required within the respect of the MSF Charter.
- Is aware of and have a clear understanding of MSF’s Charter, its guiding principles, core values, guidelines and protocols.
- Is able to represent MSF as a neutral, impartial, independent, non-religious, non-governmental medical and humanitarian association
- Minimum Bachelor degree or Masters degree in social sciences, politics or related field
- At least 3 years of MSF experience in a supervisory position or equivalent with an INGO or other sector (e.g. private company)
- Proficient in English, Urdu and any other relevant local languages
- Excellent understanding of the relevant District and Provincial Political and social (including tribal) Structure.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Respectful behavior.
- Capacity to work under stress and in difficult circumstances.
- Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary and international team.
- Ability to manage and organize his work independently and pro-actively.
- Flexibility in case of emergencies to work longer hours, extra days and to change duty station to meet the needs of the program.
- Willingness to work in other MSF locations if necessary.
- Pakistani National and holding a passport