The mental health counselor works directly with the patients and their families in order to offer psychosocial support and counseling respecting the confidentiality and appropriate ethics; keeps record of sessions and updates database and client’s files regularly. Provides psychosocial support through counseling. Responsible for monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
Provide psycho-social support through counseling
- Provide psychological support/counseling to patients through individual and family counseling.
- Identify population with psychological difficulties and to conduct mental health assessment for patients.
- Assess the need of therapeutic groups and develop accordingly when needed.
- Mental Health Promotion sessions though the specific material on the topics in collaboration with Health Promoters.
- Conduct group discussions and psycho-education sessions when needed.
- Collaborate closely with medical teams and HP team: mental health awareness, discussion of problematic cases, mutual referrals (including externals).
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Use the client files for each counseling sessions respecting confidentiality
- Update the database regularly and monitor data.
- Write the Sitrep regularly for MH activities
- The employee may be required to perform other tasks, take on other responsibilities, and work in other locations, depending on the needs of the project, including during the holidays of the employees with similar jobs
- Bachelor degree in psychology, social sciences or equivalent
- Desirable 1 year experience in counseling, community and/or social work
- Proficient in English, Urdu and any other relevant local languages
- Good interpersonal & communication, respectful behavior and honest, organized, disciplines work attitude
- Ability to work under stress and in difficult circumstances
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in other MSF locations in remote areas with marginalized communities, in case of emergencies to work longer hours, extra days to meet the needs of the program.
- Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary and international team.
- Commitment to humanitarian values as outlined in the MSF Charter