MISSION AND PRINCIPAL ACTIVIES
Attendance and involvement at work:
· Observe the MSF charter.
· Perform all activity in line with the MSF protocols and procedures.
· Respect the time schedule and be at work on time (flexible at anytime).
· Maintain good relationship with other team members.
· Adhere to MSF Hygiene and Sterilization protocols.
1. Application of basic hygiene rules
· Respects the clean and dirty circuits.
· When at work, the sterilization technician wears surgical scrubs, cap, mask, and non-sterile gloves.
· Clean and disinfect work equipment and surfaces.
· Ensuring the cleanless of the sterilization room and the surroundings.
· Puts on clean set of above clothes each day.
· Performs antiseptic hand washing upon entering the room, and before handling equipment.
· Changes the clothes and shoes at IN and OUT.
2. Description of tasks.
· Follow the standard precautions.
· Follow the schedule of tasks set for the service.
· Receives the dirty medical devices from Operation Theatre and other clinical departments.
· Pre-disinfect and clean soiled medical devices.
· Check and pack devices taking note in event of damage or incomplete set.
· Check and fold the clean linen taking note in event of damage, incomplete set or low quality of laundry procedure.
· Steam sterilizes devices as indicated following strictly the MSF protocol.
· Monitor the effectiveness of the sterilization cycle taking note at register.
· Identify each sterilized pack according to the respective wards in the register book.
· Store and managed the sterilized devices.
· Distribute the sterilized devices to respective departments.
· Participate in inventory of equipment and materials.
· Participating in on-going personnel training (sterilization, hygiene etc.)
· Participating in medical meetings,monthly and when necessary.
· Inform direct supervisor in event of error without delay.