Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
Attendance and involvement at work:
· Observe the MSF charter.
· Perform all activity in line with the MSF protocols and procedures.
· Respect the time schedule and be at work on time (flexible at anytime).
· Treat the patient with care and respect providing good quality care.
· Respect the patient privacy and strictly respect community culture, norms.
· Maintain good relationship with other team members.
· Adhere to MSF Clinical Guidelines and protocols
1. Application of basic hygiene rules
· She is responsible for maintaining hygiene within Inpatient Department including ICU.
· Application of MSF protocols for hand washing and use of gloves.
· Application of the disinfection protocol for dressings and invasive medical procedures.
· Waste management and change of safety box as needed.
· Observation of the general cleanliness of the hospital setting and collaboration with the cleaners.
· Education about personal hygiene to patients during hospitalization and at discharge.
2. Nursing care
For all the admitted patients, the nurse:
· Provides nursing care to parturient and their babies, including babies under NBU treatment in IPD.
· Monitors patients’ vital parameters, intake and output, and records them on the observation sheets.
· Ticks off and counter-signs treatments given to patients in their files.
· Participates in the medical round and informs the doctors of the progress of each patient.
· Organizes ordered investigations and enclosed the results accordingly.
· Gives appropriate diet to patients according to medical prescription.
· Listens to the patient’s complaints and informs the doctors accordingly.
· Maintains a hygienic environment for patients in IPD as well as collaborates with the relatives or the cleaners to help the patients look after their personal hygiene.
· Sets up procedure for septic isolation and educates patients and relatives about the necessary
· Supports mothers in breastfeeding, kangaroo mother care, new-born care, etc.
· maintains skills in neonatal resuscitation.
· Holds skills in adult resuscitation.
· Passes IV lines, collects samples for laboratory tests, prepares and injects medication and infusions.
· Passes and monitors gastric tubes, nasal prongs, or oxygen masks.
· Accompanies patients on transfers to other structures or for investigations.
· Organizes the documentation and files for all patients admitted and records the status of patients.
· Supports staff in the delivery room in case of emergency of new-born after delivery.
2.2 Post-operative/High dependency care:
For all patients under her responsibility, the nurse:
· Provides nursing care: vital parameters, oxygen therapy, IV fluids, nasogastric tube, gastric lavage, etc.
· Registers the patient’s information in the registration book and make sure of the diagnosis from the Gynaecologist and Anaesthetist.
· Cleans and organizes the emergency trolleys and medical equipment as appropriate.
· Keeps record of activity during the shift and of any change in prescriptions for patients.
· Constantly patients’ monitoring, contacting immediately anaesthetis/gynaecologist in case of emergency.
· Ensuring proper handover (orally, and written) to incoming colleagues, drawing attention to any notable events during the shift
· Participating in the nursing meeting for exchanging information on the state of the patients.
· Checking the medicines and material at every shift changeover.
· Apply proper utilization of medial equipment.
· Noting the daily consumption and writing it in the sheet.
· Participating in weekly inventory and weekly order.
· Sending material to be sterilized/recuperating it from sterilization
· Informing the IPD Supervisor of the various needs and in event of medical error.
· Participating in ongoing personnel trainings.
Medecins Sans Frontieres Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent medical humanitarian association providing medical assistance to people in need, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political conviction. MSF has started work in Pakistan since 1986 as an independent, self-governed org ...
Medecins Sans Frontieres Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent medical humanitarian association providing medical assistance to people in need, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political conviction. MSF has started work in Pakistan since 1986 as an independent, self-governed org ...Read More