Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning his/her field of action (Nursery, laboratory, midwifery, anesthesiology) and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
· Supervise and ensure that all staff are competent in their clinical skills;
· Ensure all staff follow hand hygiene and waste management protocols;
· Work alongside staff and assist them to plan nursing activities and tasks according to patients admitted and/or transferred;
· Ensure that patient confidentiality is adhered to and that women and their attendants are fully informed and agree to procedures;
· Educate staff and be fully aware when a normal delivery has the potential to become abnormal and report immediately to the FMO/Gynaecologist;
· Educate staff and be fully aware of the consequences of women who present and who are at risk of not being able to have a normal delivery; and
· Consistently evaluate hospital functions (through discussion and data collection) and performance, and prepare quarterly documentation. Collaborate with the head nurse, staff and field administration manager regarding current status and future/projected direction;
Managing the Team
Lead and facilitate cohesive team work; between MSF and MOH staff on incentives.
· Facilitate team meetings regularly;
· Ensure there is an appropriate mix and number of staff for tasks allocated;
· Organise rosters for all staff including cleaners and laundry;
· Perform staff reviews annually, or more often if necessary and for staff who are on first 3 month probation;
· In collaboration with staff define training needs with projected objectives in mind;
· Create an environment where both MSF & MOH incentive staff, take deep interest to learn and practice MSF protocols & guidelines.
· Ensure staff and self-adhere to MSF hand hygiene and waste management procedures;
· Collaborate with cleaning staff to ensure high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas;
· Be cognisant with the procedures to follow after accidental exposure to blood;
· Attend to patient/attendant complaints in a respectful and responsive manner and document in a file especially for this purpose. Use this information to improve standards of care across all areas; and
· Participate in training sessions and involve self in self-learning activities.
· Work in close collaboration with MSF FMO and Medref to regularly organize Morbidity & Mortality Reviews, to improve quality of work through lessons learned from each mortality or near miss cases. Actively participate in putting steps in place to overcome the challenges in quality health care provision in MCH Sadda.
Managing the premises, material and supplies
· Work with the logistician and plan and organise the set out, renovation and maintenance of the premises;
· Work with the pharmacist and check
· the correct usage of medication in each department;
· Based on a follow up of consumption, supervise the management of pharmacy across all areas; and
· Prepare weekly consumption and medical order.
· Ensure the correct cleanliness, storage and maintenance of biomedical equipment; Ensure availability & correct use of sterilized medical instruments & other material that need to be sterilized regularly.
· Ensure the quality of food provided to the patients;
· Work with the logistician and ensure
· Ensure correct collection of waste; and
· That waste management procedures are correct eg disposal and handling of biohazard and sharps materials
· Ensure correct hygiene management across all areas by all staff and according the MSF protocol;
· Document and share across all areas the cleaning protocols for the premises following the procedures as defined by MSF
· Ensure all staff are dressed in uniforms appropriately and arrive in their area wearing their uniform;
· Ensure that laundry is correctly collected; and
· Manage the quality standards of laundry equipment.
· Ensure good transfer and stabilization conditions inside the ambulance;
· Ensure quality hygiene adhered to inside the ambulance; and
· Ensure the ambulance is appropriately equipped.
Medecins Sans Frontieres Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent medical humanitarian association providing medical assistance to people in need, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political conviction. MSF has started work in Pakistan since 1986 as an independent, self-governed organi ...Read More