The candidate is responsible to administrate the purchase ledger and ensure that all the purchase ledger invoices are correctly updated regarding all aspects including; supplier name with system code, invoice number, invoice date, item description and amount. The candidate will have to perform the following functions:
- To administer the PL mailbox and ensure all the PL Invoices and credits are correctly updated in SAP PL Application.
- Ensure all invoices are received from bona-fide suppliers, correctly and sufficiently detailed and meet standard set out in purchase ledger procedures.
- Process approximately 1000 –1200 purchase invoices per month.
- Ensure all invoices are correctly coded and assigned to the relevant branch.
- Ensure the treatment of VAT is correct, as per UK Standard Rate to reduce possible adjustments to the VAT return.
- Maintain a record of all disputed invoices and follow up with suppliers/branches regularly or escalate to line manager, if necessary.
- On a weekly basis, sorting and filing the processed PL invoices, as per week-ending date and suppliers name.
- To ensure good internal control, with respect to PL related functions and process deadlines are met.