As part of the geographically dispersed Sourcery CodeBench Eclipse/CDT team, work to develop new functionality and improve our IDE. The Developer is expected to be comfortable both contributing to and incorporating technology from the upstream development of Eclipse, CDT, and related technologies. The Developer will be passionate about producing embedded software development tools that are robust and easy to use.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience with Eclipse and/or CDT, preferably in the Embedded Software domain.
- Strong Java programming skills.
- Good Object Oriented Analysis & Design skills
- BSc/Msc in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related subject.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent command of the English language and good communication skills.
- A proven record of contribution to Eclipse is strongly desirable.
- A background with provisioning self-updating Eclipse RCP applications using P2 is a plus, as is familiarity with low-level p2 repository manipulation, mirroring and metadata generation.
- Candidates who have not worked on Eclipse, but have worked on other IDEs will be considered.
- Knowledge of GNU tools, particularly GDB, RTOS or Embedded Linux is a plus.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and have an ability to work independently.