Overall Job Purpose:
Reporting to the VP Operations, you will be responsible for the overall management and smooth operations of Menzies-RAS at Peshawar Airport. Your leadership will ensure that our ground handling is delivered safely, on time and consistently in line with service level agreements and budgets.
Main Accountabilities and Duties:
- Planning, organisation and direction of all MRAS operational activities at PEW airport.
- Leading, developing coaching and motivating managers to develop and utilise their skills.
- Maximising business potential and revenue, identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Leading service delivery to customer airlines in accordance with service level agreements and agreed budgetary levels.
- Instilling policies and procedures designed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the station, whilst promoting sound safety, security and people management practices.
- Establishing, maintaining and promoting effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Monitoring budget performance and ensuring economical resource utilization with a view to minimizing operational cost and maximizing operative efficiency.
- Safeguard the health, safety and welfare of staff, customers and other visitors in compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensure that all staff fully understand that safety is the number one priority for the company
- Create and sustain a safe working environment and culture.
- Continually challenge existing practices to create improvements in all areas.
- Ensuring that daily audits take place in all areas of the operation including but not limited to:
- Fully comply with all Company policies including;
- Health and Safety
- Equal Opportunities
- Data Protection
- IT and Social Networking
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years management experience
- Extensive experience and knowledge of aviation services
- Financially and commercially astute with extensive experience and a strong grasp of financial practices including P&L responsibility.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communications skills and experience in liaising with senior airline, airport, and other stakeholder personnel.
- Fully conversant with airline ramp handling procedures, international aviation safety and security procedures.
- Able to work with a multinational work force, and to adjust to the local conditions of the station.
- Good knowledge of ramp GSE.
- Aptitude to develop the management team, provide succession planning and re-engineer business processes as demanded by changes in the business.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. It is not intended to be exhaustive. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. This job description does not form part of the post holder’s terms and conditions of employment and may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.