General Position Summary
The Security and Liaison Officer will be responsible to guide all staff members based on the information from field and other sources to travel safely on the predefined routes on a day to day basis. This post requires the incumbent to track all staff movement during travel. He will liaise with Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA), other stakeholders and home department for processing NOCs and providing information to various stake holders as and when required. He will also work closely with the Manager security.
Essential Job Function:
a) Government Liaison:
· Liaison with various stakeholders and LEA as and when required.
· Prepare NoC application in coordination with the team lead for programmatic activities.
· Process and follow up on the NOCs for expat traveling within Province as and when asked for.
· Keep the Security Manager and team lead informed about any new government circulars and policies.
· He will attend any meetings called by Government of Sindh in connection with INGOs.
b) Travel Protocols:
· Review the travel protocols for each location within the allocated areas to identify the deficiencies in the SOPs.
· Assist the Security Manager to improve the protocols related to staff movement of all sorts.
· Ensure the implementation of travel protocols with the help of Security Manager and report matters to him related to breaches of SOP.
· Guide staff about the route, estimated time, weather, stopovers and safe locations during all travels.
· Maintain and update active list of all phone number for local police and military authorities located within Mercy Corps area of operations and travel route.
c) Security Duties:
· Inform SM to take appropriate measures if any incident is reported. Will assist SM in collecting security related information from all offices and forward it timely to SM.
· Will preparing monthly duty roster for the security guards for approval of team lead.
· Keep a record of leave of security guards and plan their rest and leave in consultation with team lead.
· Will assist in passing all instructions by SM to the security staff
· Updating of communication tree whenever there is a change
· Liaison daily with Lahore police to find out about any demonstrations etc and pass it on to SM / team lead.
· Ensure all security equipment, security lights, CCTV cameras; fire extinguishers are in working condition.
· Regularly update on the security situation in the province.
· Assist in revision of SOPs
· Regularly updates to security guards/lower staff about the SOPs and security updates.
· Prepare security briefing by close of business on Monday or by early morning 08.30 am Tuesday.
· Put-up gist of news on daily before close of business, after going through important newspapers on the net
· Make an SOP folder which should be updated at all times.
· Visit of MC sites on regular basis to see the security and suggest any additional security measures
· Ensure regular checking of ‘Office Locking Register’ remarks if any should be brought to team lead’s notice.
d) Staff Tracking:
· Security and Liaison Officer will ensure safe movement of staff during travel.
· Ensure staff movement is recorded and coordinated.
· Maintain communication with staff through mobile phone during their movement. Ideally, will make the contact every half an hour with vehicle/staff while traveling and record the location on the movement board OR Tracking files.
· Responsible to monitor all the movement files (Tracking files) for assigned locations and report if there is any violation, late movement, improper tracking of movement/traveling made by the team.
· Inform Security Manager in case of any security incident in MC area of operation which may have direct or indirect implication on MC.
· He will maintain daily logs of all staff movement for all locations for Lahore.
· He will immediately report any violation of travel SOPs to the Security Manager or to substitute authority.
· Compilation of all security related incidents files.
Security Guards – MC (Lahore Office)
Accountability Reports Directly to: Project Manager PIU Lahore with technical reporting to Security Manager
Works Directly with: PIU Team with technical reporting to Country Security Manager.
Knowledge and Experience
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Organization reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Mercy Corps is an international and none profits organization. He is mostly working with the coordination of Health Dept.and Relief activity in vulnerable areas.