· The X-Ray Technician will perform the following duties & any other duties assigned to him by the I/C of the unit to whom he is directly responsible
· Will perform his duties according to the duty roster & orders.
· Will maintain cleanliness & orderliness of the unit through other health workers.
· Will ensure that film is used before expiry date & keeps stock rotated so that oldest film is used first.
· Will maintain X-Ray plant in perfect functioning condition. Cleans & greases it & watches for problems.
· Will keep medico-legal X-rays films under lock & key & properly cared for.
· Will remain on call during off duty hours if unit is single handed.
· Will assist & cooperate with other health workers.
· Will operate X-ray machine as required by radiologist, MO I/C.
· Will adjust X-ray machine to correct setting for each exposure. Positions & instruct patients & determines proper voltage & power supply required.
· Will arrange & adjust restrain & supportive devices (e.g. Sand bags, binders, angle boards) to obtain the desired position of patients.
· Will adjust lead sheets to protect other parts of patient’s body from exposure to X-rays.
· Will place exposed films & patients identification slip in to wall safe for processing by dark room attendant.
· Will wear protective clothing & will take all other safety precautions in performance of his duty.
· Will prepare & administer barium-sulphate drinks to patients according to standard procedures required.
· Will give I/V injection of dye for special X-rays under the supervision of the doctor on duty.
· Will put the developed films before radiologist for opinion & record the opinion on film cover.
· Will maintain stock register of films, equipment & machinery. Will keep film expense register & daily attendance register up to date.
· Will maintain record of all receipts cash & their disbursement.
· Will collect used films & developing/fixing solutions for disposal or auction by competent authority.
Medical Emergency Resilience Foundation (MERF) is a non-governmental organization Committed to improve access to quality health care services which are equitable, Efficient and affordable in collaboration with governments, international organizations and private entities. Established in 2015, MER ...
Medical Emergency Resilience Foundation (MERF) is a non-governmental organization Committed to improve access to quality health care services which are equitable, Efficient and affordable in collaboration with governments, international organizations and private entities. Established in 2015, MER ...Read More