The following JD is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Position:Reproductive Health Coordinator
Responsible to:Project Medical Coordinator
Merlin International Profile
Merlin specializes in health, saving lives in times of crisis and helping to rebuild shattered health services. Each year, Merlin helps more than 15 million people in up to 20 countries.
Context and Background
Merlin has been operational in Pakistan since 2005, providing life saving activities for the most vulnerable communities in Kashmir, Baluchistan, FATA and KPK provinces. Merlin first became operational in Pakistan following the 2005 earthquake in Kashmir, and has since responded to a number of emergencies including the Yemyin Cyclone in 2007 and Ziarat quake in 2008 in Baluchistan, and the IDP crisis from 2009 onwards, affecting various districts of KPK. Merlin also responded to the catastrophic floods in 2010 and 2011. Since 2008 Merlin has also been implementing a large-scale development project focusing on malaria control in is currently working in collaboration with the Pakistan Ministry of Health and the Global fund to implement the Government's control programme across 14 districts of the country.
Currently Merlin is operational in two Provinces (KPK and Sindh) and 7 districts implementing integrated health and nutrition programmes
Merlin has provided the emergency response in Sindh Province, in the South of Pakistan. The programme is implemented in three districts Badin, Dadu and Thatta providing integrated malaria, nutrition and health services to flood affected populations. The provincial office is based in Thatta.
The Reproductive and Child Health Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the reproductive and child health services in the districts and in developing a more comprehensive MCH project in close co-operation with the PMC/SHC. The main responsibility is to ensure (through supervision and monitoring of Merlin and EDO-H staff work) that adequate MCH services are provided to the target beneficiaries in an appropriate, integrated and sustainable manner and to ensure the efficient management of the different services within his/her project in co-ordination with the other Merlin health and Nutrition staff. He/she is also expected to provide technical advice for development of health education materials and to conduct formal & informal trainings of MCH staffs, as well as providing input into broader trainings being developed by the Health Training team. RHC shall ensure the implementation of 24/7 BEmOC in respective health facilities. RHC has to work closely with LHW program and implement family planning component of RH program at community level as well as health facility based FP services. RHC must ensure the integration of SFP nutrition services for PLWs. With the support of SHC She/He will be conduct regular monitoring visits to Merlin supported health facilities.
SPECIFIC TASKS & DUTIES:
1. To ensure that the following services are available and provided to a good standard at all of the Merlin supported health facilities:
- Ante - Natal and Post - Natal Care of mothers
- Safe and clean delivery
- Expanded Immunization Program for children and vaccination for mothers
- Family Planning
2. To provide technical training and advice on MCH activities to the LHV and WMO
3. To review statistical data relating to MCH activities and the health status of women and children in order to monitor program effectiveness and future MCH activity developments
4. To assist and cooperate with other health workers in any health related activities or emergencies as requested by the PMC
5. Supervise the implementation of MCH activities; monitor, evaluate MCH project activities and provide training and on the job coaching to LHV, WMO and LHWs.
6. Regularly assess the qualities of all the MCH services (ante-natal, obstetrics/gynecological services, management of incomplete abortion; family planning methods) and take timely and appropriate measures.
7. Coordinate with other project management team, EDO-H (MCH) and other partners to ensure that adequate and timely logistical and administrative supports are provide to the MCH program, e.g. medical supplies, procurements, transportation, referrals.
8. Monitoring and evaluate MCH project activities, identifying problem areas and implementing appropriate interventions to target the respective problems.
9. Plan, design and implement new or continuing training for MCH health workers both formally and informally ("on the job training�) with the aim of promoting self-reliance.
10. Consolidate MCH information and data and write progress report as required
11. RHC will spend 50% of time in field.
12. To perform other related duties as requested by PMC and SHC
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Spoken Sindhi language
Today, Merlin is the UK's leading charity specializing in international health, sending medical experts to the front line of global emergencies. When disaster strikes, our doctors and nurses work around the clock to save lives fast. Working together with tireless health workers on the ground, we tak ...Read More