Rapid urbanization in the country is resulting into increase in population residing in urban and peri urban slums that demands attention for provision of social services to these communities. These communities are often remained unrecognized or given low priority by local health authorities due to multiple reasons. The provincial Urban Health Consultant will provide technical support in development of Urban Health / immunization strategies, action plans and its implementation for targeted mega cities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Develop/update city specific profiles based and share the findings with all stakeholders
- Provide technical support and facilitate the development of integrated city specific action plan for 2020-21 including development of integrated outreach plans profiled areas
- Establish/activate the provincial level coordination mechanism and present urban health initiative achievements and findings
- Conduct bottleneck analysis/ gap analysis of immunization service delivery at all levels and share findings with all on regular basis
- Conduct regular households cluster monitoring, compile and share the findings widely
- Develop and submit regular weekly and monthly updates/reports
- Facilitate Identification and immunization of missed zero dose children in high risk areas/communities and track the progress
- Documenting lessons learnt, best practices and case studies from implementation of this initiative in their respective areas
- Provide technical support in data analysis, collection and dissemination on essential immunization and lesson learned
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced university degree/Master's degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, International/Global Health, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training in Health systems development/management.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record in project management with the emphasis on strategic planning, communication and monitoring & evaluation.
- At least 8 years of experience preferably in public health program. Preference will be given to the candidates having experience of working in urban health programming
Gender Requirements: Females are encouraged to apply