The primary role of IT Administrators is to oversee and maintain all aspects of a company’s computer/network infrastructure. This includes maintaining networks, servers and security programs and systems. IT Administrators manage the upgrade and installation of new hardware and software, perform troubleshooting to address any problems with computer systems, and assess viruses and potential threats to a company’s network. IT Administrators might also monitor the use of email, create and change passwords, make suggestions for improvements to computer systems, backup data and perform data recovery if needed.
2. Major Responsibilities
- Install, configure and maintain Windows sever roles such as Active Directory, DNS, File Server, DHCP Server and WDS.
- Manage the administration of user and group accounts, privileges, group policies and standard software configurations.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Review system logs, configuration change logs and standard operating instructions in accordance with the established directives.
- Define and document best practices and support procedures.
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations.
- Manage Company’s Website.
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation for IT equipment.
Other duties as assigned.
- Active Directory/Windows server 2008, 2012, 2016 administration experiences
- Expert knowledge of system administration and remote management of Windows servers
- Expert knowledge of configuring Cisco Switches and Routers providing LAN/WAN support.
- Experience with supporting SQL databases.
- Experience administering servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments.
- Experience with Server upgrades, O/S and firmware patching.
- Expert troubleshooting and diagnostic skills and providing support to Operations personnel.
- Experience with disaster recovery failover/failback.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assigned tasks and execute parallel tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with cyber security, server hardening and DMZ deployment
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook