Overall: Responsible for the overall internal audit program for the bank, and operating independently of other departments. This position reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, administers the Audit Policy, and coordinates the activities of the bank’s external auditors. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet ongoing needs of the bank.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Accountable for the development and coordination of the bank’s internal auditing activities.
• Develop and implement internal auditing policies, procedures, and program.
• Review of accounting procedures.
• Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations, and adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
• Supervise or conduct independent audits of bank records and activities, and prepare varied analyses of the departments, and branches for management.
• Supervise, conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of the bank’s internal controls over financial reporting.
• Investigate and determine causes of irregularities, and errors.
• Recommend corrective action and suggest improvement.
• Advise top management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on audit, and internal control matters.