We are an award-winning U.S based multi-national Construction and Engineering firm looking for a civil engineer to perform material take-offsto assist our US based office. The Candidate will work from our Lahore office . The working hours will be 5:00pm to 2:00am (Mon-Fri). This is great opportunity for ambitious candidates to grow and work on international projects.
· Candidate MUST be fluent in ENGLISH
· Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering at minimum
· Minimum of 3-5years’ experience in Quantity Estimating
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
· Hands-on experience with estimating software a plus.
· Ability to read and interpret complete sets of construction/bid documents.
· Ability to prepare quantity take-off from engineering and architectural plans and specifications.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and schedules with attention to detail.
· Thoroughly review the Owner/Engineer’s plans and specifications, question in writing items that are unclear and/or are contradictory to standard practice
· Solicit quotes from potential subcontractors and suppliers
· Help the head of estimating department to prepare cost estimates
· Prepare bid proposals for submission
· Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
· Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
Prepare written contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.