· Attending ante-natal and gynaecological clinics.
· Care of patients in ante-natal and post-natal wards.
· Dealing with both routine and emergency admissions.
· Preparation of patients for theatre and post-operative care.
· Assisting in theatre and on the delivery suite.
· Participation in duty rota.
· A face-to-face handover of care must take place at every change of shifts, with communication of details about all problem patients.
· The trainee must carry out a daily ward round of all gynaecology and maternity patients on their firm, in time to allow discharge prescriptions to be obtained; and write in the notes daily.
· At weekends and Bank Holidays every gynaecology and maternity patient in the hospital must be seen, and the notes written in.
· Discharge summaries are to be dictated on gynaecology patients.
· Results relating to their firm must be seen and signed daily.
· Checking Radiology and Pathology reports and ensuring that appropriate action is taken.
· Duties outside the Hospital that may be agreed by the Department (e.g. clinics, transfer of patients between hospitals etc.).
· To contact personally Laboratory technicians and Radiographers on-call when they are required in cases of emergency.