Background information on the CSCCC:
Civil Society Civil Society Coalition for Climate Change (CSCCC) is a licensed Coalition (registered under Section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984) dedicated to highlighting the subject of climate change in Pakistan and influencing policymaking at the regional, national and subnational levels through research, knowledge-sharing, and advocacy.
CSCCC provides a networking platform for civil society organizations, climate experts, academia, reserchers, media, private sector and concerned citizens to exchange ideas, develop synergies and build strtegies for effective engagement with policy makers, while preserving and strengthening the autonomy and independence of its members.
The concept of the coalition is in line with the Lima-Paris Action Agenda (LPAA) and Paris Agreement on Climate Change which recognizes civil society as a key player. The strategic focus of the coalition will also cover Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development particularly SDG13 (climate action).The CSCCC will work with “A Whole of Government Approach” based on the principles of “Open Government Partnership (OGP)” to meet objectives.
The founding members of the coalition are: Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI),Regional Institute of Policy Research and Training (RIPORT), Water Environment Forum (WEF), Strengthening Participatory Organization (SPO), Pakistan Green Building Council (Pak-GBC), Society for the Conservation and Protection of the Environment (SCOPE),and Mountain and Glacier Protection Organization (MGPO).
The Senior Researcher is responsible:
· To facilitate and undertake if required, literature reviews and a mapping of the information;
· To write research briefs and if necessary undertake primary research to assist the CSCCC in fulfilling its mandate;
· To provide the CSCCC with information and data which is required in time and in a form that aids their efforts;
· To draft monographs and papers for discussions and the report including the background research necessary for these documents;
· To support other members of the research team and actively participate in collaborative and inter-disciplinary studies.
Required Skills and Experience
· Fluency in English and excellent skills in writing clearly and succinctly.
Mountain and Glacier Protection Organization (MGPO)