Purpose of the Post:
Develop efficient procurement and inventory management systems, identify key areas for improvement, and create detailed strategy for achieving the goals by providing the timely and smoothly support to Country Office and field staff. Ensure timely procurement and proper inventory management.
· Supervise and ensure adherence to MA Pakistan Assets and Inventory management (registration, control and tracking) system is exercised and assist / support on its implementation and to ensure the tracking system is effective and all assets / inventory items documentation available enables tracking them down from the source up to the base and vice versa. Conduct regular assets / inventory items tracking checks.
· Time to time Inventory Physical count and reporting any discrepancies with suggestions to minimize asset loss/theft/damage control.
· Suggest and improvise current Inventory management system
· Focal person to liaison and to provide technical support to maintain internal communication and high functional level network in Pakistan mission.
· Make physical inventories / spot checks in MAP warehouses / field offices
· Conducting regular and timely checks and inspections on various key controls points and carry out field visits on quarterly/monthly basis.
· Ensure the asset register is updated regularly, and the correct procedures are followed for the signing in and out of assets by staff.
· Hiring and contracting of building for offices and warehouse at field level
· Hiring and contracting of security guard for site offices
· Ensures that procurement activities are aligned with the policy of the organization.
· Coordinates between procurement department, finance and other departments.
· Responsible for maintaining company’s procurement policy & procedures that ensure procurement complies with regulatory requirements.
· Ensure timely procurement and review procurement tracking sheet on daily/weekly basis.
· Ensure complete procurement process like; preparation of RFQ, Collection of Quotations, comparative statement, issuance of purchase orders, preparation of GRNs & Waybills etc.
· Responsible for timely and efficient placement of contracts, service orders and purchase orders.
· Responsible for bid evaluations, supplier negotiations, contract award recommendations etc.
· Maintains good relations with suppliers / vendors.
· Responsible for on time delivery of goods and services.
· Serve as a functional expert in procurement operations which includes but is not limited to, demand forecasting, order management, material requirement planning, purchasing, supplier selection, supplier management.
· Purchase materials, plan inventory and ensure procurement is done according to the policies and procedures in a timely manner.
· Plan the project procurement activities in a timely manner
· Ensure that procurement plan is followed while meeting the deadlines.
· To improve the procurement system, process and policies in support of organization’s missions.
· Supervises procurement team and build their capacity.
· Acts as resource person regarding the department’s policies and procedures. Resolves problems within area of responsibility.
· Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of administration facilitation.
· Recommends procedural changes to enable department to function more effectively.
· Arrangements of events such as conferences.
· Ensure verification of payments before forwarding to accounts department
· Verify monthly reports of all procurements, inventory and admin task before sharing with management
· Any other duty assigned by the line manager
Muslim Aid, an international relief and development agency working to alleviate the suffering among the worlds poorest and most needy communities regardless of race, creed or nationality across the globe.