Construction Activities (Designing, Implementation & Monitoring and Capacity Building)
Purpose of the Post:
Responsible for all the construction work including Designing, Implementation & Monitoring to ensure the effective field implementation, team management, coordination with stakeholders, monitoring of Construction activities and contractor works at district level.
- Maintain and store all records in line with MA document management and IT policies.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Champion our values of compassion, empowerment, justice for all and accountability when performing your work.
- To conduct technical assessment for the development of new projects.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget, design and time frame.
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impacts of projects.
- Making sure the project complies with legal requirements.
- Schedule material and equipment’s purchases and deliveries to site if required.
- Support in assessments tasks and make recommendations in relation to the Project
- Provide clear technical solutions for the Shelters and WASH schemes related to civil works
- Where requested, contribute technical inputs to support projects like infrastructure, Latrines Construction, Hand pumps installation and Sanitation schemes at Community and Institutional level.
- Support in designing affordable and preferred School structure and support for prepare bidding documents.
- Cooperate and coordinate closely with Line Manager and communities for planning activities at field level
- Advice and provide technical support to communities wherever needed and support in their technical training where requested
- Design and deliver Operation and Maintenance training in Schools and Communities as per the requirement of project.
- Work in a team with Social Mobilizers and provide them with technical expertise at field level where necessary especially for Construction of school building/class rooms and Water and Sanitation schemes sustainability.
- Support concern line managers for the coordination and communication with contractors executing Project activities, to ensure proper and timely implementation and meet set quality standards.
- Provide monthly progress update to line manager on all ongoing project / program activities.
- Any other task assigns by the line Manager.