Recruitment, Selection and Retention
1. Working in close coordination with line managers and HR Manager, proactively administer and manage assigned recruitment campaigns, from job adverts to making job offers, ensuring that Muslim Aid’s Recruitment and Selection policy and procedure is followed, and that line managers are provided with the right support.
2. Promptly communicate with candidates and the interview panel throughout the recruitment process to ensure that all steps of the recruitment and selection process are complete accurately and promptly, including completion of required documentation such as staff request form, interview questionnaires, tests, recruitment summary, request to hire form, etc.
3. Participate in relevant interview panels and ensure consistency in the implementation of our equality and diversity policy and that the right candidate is recruited for the role.
4.Maintain the recruitment progress record and proactively highlight any issues or delays in the recruitment and selection process to the HR Manager and make recommendations for improvements in order to increase process efficiency, reduce time to hire and reduce cost to the organization.
5. Support the HR Manager in developing and implementing effective workforce planning and staff retention initiatives based on data collected through recruitment and selection evaluation, induction evaluation, exit interviews, staff surveys, etc.
Onboarding and Offloading
6. Deliver and coordinate staff induction programme ensuring that the induction process helps staff understand their roles and the organization, settle into the work environment as soon as possible, and enables them to perform their job to the required standard.
7. Work with relevant line managers accurately and promptly complete exit procedures, including conducting exit interviews with staff and collecting required documents/equipment such as hand-over notes, mobile phone, laptop, etc.
8. Under the guidance of the HR Manager, interpreting and understanding HR policies, procedures and SOP and in providing them with any other relevant technical support on HR issues.
Staff Performance Management and Development
9. Support the HR Manager in reviewing of job descriptions and ensuring that all staff have an up to date and fit-for-purpose job description.
10. Work in close coordination with line managers to ensure annual performance appraisals are conducted in line with the organizations' ‘PACE’ Framework and timeline.
11. Support the HR Manager in reviewing staff Performance appraisals and provide effective feedback to the line manager on these as appropriate.
12. Work in close coordination with line managers to ensure that staff probation appraisals are conducted in line with the probation policy and procedures in a timely manner, including providing required advice and support to line managers during the probation process.
13. Working in coordination with relevant line managers, ensure that any performance issues during or after probation are highlighted to the HR Manager and addressed promptly.
14. Ensure that line managers conduct regular performance focused 1.2.1 meetings with staff, and that any performance issues and developmental needs are flagged and addressed promptly.
15. Support the HR Manager in developing and implementing the annual training plan.
Employee Relations Management
16. Support in proactively and effectively addressing staff disciplinaries and grievances ensuring that any high-risk issues are flagged with the HR Manager for appropriate action.
17. visits to the field offices as and when required, and promptly report on any staff concerns or issues to HR Manager, ensuring that these are addressed effectively.
HR Data Management and Analysis
18. Accurately and promptly maintain the HR filing and control systems, including proactivity identifying weaknesses and making recommendations to improve the data management system.
19. Proactively and accurately maintain all personnel files ensuring that they are kept up to date with required documentation and all HR processes of due diligence and employee record keeping are completed promptly.
20. Support the HR Manager in drafting periodic reports on staff leavers, training, employee relations issues, performances issues, etc.
21. Ensure confidentiality of employee related data is maintained at all times.
Compensation and Benefits Administration
22. Assist in the daily administration and preparation of staff reimbursements, including per diem, medical refunds, roving allowances, benefits and other staff expenses in compliance with donor and MA policy.
23. Maintain accurate staff attendance records at district level at all times and flag any attendance issues with the HR Manager and relevant line manager, in addition to ensuring that these records are appropriately reflected in monthly payroll.
24. Ensure staff complete and submit the relevant forms when requesting any type of leave and manage the daily attendance sheet accurately by checking with time-sheet and leave request form, ensuring that accurate records of staff leave allowance are maintained at all times.
Perform any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
Note: Interview for this position will be on rolling basis.
Muslim Aid, an international relief and development agency working to alleviate the suffering among the worlds poorest and most needy communities regardless of race, creed or nationality across the globe.