Responsible to: Report Manager Communication and Influencing
Purpose of the Post: To support Manager Communication and Influencing in strengthening Muslim Aid brand and maximize the outreach of its emergency-development programme and interventions by designing and implementing communications, media campaigns, marketing and branding strategies, creating marketing materials and websites, cultivating partnerships, and fundraising. Also, leveraging the power of national and international media in uplifting overall standing of Muslim Aid across multiple forums as the leading INGO in the country.
- Maintain and store all records in line with MA document management and IT policies.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Champion our values of compassion, empowerment, justice for all and accountability when performing your work.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- Work with head of comms to develop/deliver comms strategies across the entire spectrum of comms disciplines including: media and public relations, celebrity management, internal comms, brand marketing, advertising, marketing, digital and social media and production of materials
- Report on and analyse all aspects of communications
- Develop key messages, creating and maintaining appropriate and consistent language and terminology across all media
- Act as a ‘brand guardian’ ensuring consistency across all internal and external communications
- Identify issues that could potentially damage the organisation’s reputation and recommend actions to mitigate this risk
- Keep up to date on best practice within the humanitarian sector generally and particularly changes to communications innovation, legislation and codes of practice
- Support on copy-writing and production of marketing materials and key publications including Annual Review
- Design, copy-write and distribute regular e-bulletins to promote publications, programme activities, events and other key information
- Oversee the management of a case study database
- Take responsibility for the development and management of the website and blog, including generating content, making improvements to functionality, maximising its potential and monitoring its performance
- Manage and expand social media presence, sourcing and sharing newsworthy information from across the charity. Produce regular reports detailing social media activity to share with staff
Publicity and media
- Increase the organisation’s profile across media, and with influencers and organisations
- Develop relationships with target media representatives
- Write releases, articles and statements
- Respond to requests from the press for comments, views and supporting information and maximise opportunities for further engagement on relevant topics
- Supervise and advise other members of the press team in their drafting of communications plans and statements
- Assist with the coordination and logistical preparation for Muslim Aid multi-agency events
- Establish an electronic library and organizing system for Muslim Aid’s photographs with caption information
- Attend events, take photographs and assist with same day coordination
- Helping to organize meetings, seminars and events to promote wider cooperation with donors, foundations, the private sector and government partners, assisting with note-taking;
- Provide other support and assistance as required, including preparation and proofreading of documents, and helping with correspondence and research.
- Providing day-to-day support to the media and communications activities of the office