PURPOSE OF THE POST
The assignment has the following objectives:
The Communication Officer will be required to provide regular communication support to the PR office in disseminating information to multiple audiences through various communication channels including social, print and electronic media under the supervision of Director Programs and the Executive Director.
• Ensure strategic and timely flow of information and key messages to key external and internal audiences;
• Organize press briefings; major conferences and seminars; public, print media, or broadcast media appearances; and other communications-related activities;
• Write and/or oversee the preparation, production, and dissemination of both routine and complex products (e.g., backgrounders, media packets, news releases, articles, radio/TV broadcasts, powerpoint presentations, brochures, Q&As, videos, websites, speeches, briefing notes, feature stories, etc.) that promote the image of the project to key internal and external audiences;
• Monitor and analyze drug use and HIV related events in terms of public and press opinion;
• Initiate and sustain effective professional relationships with key internal and/or external stakeholders active in the field of HIV and drug use
• Work closely with the PR team to manage and maintain the website and social media, including Facebook and blog sites;
• Work independently, seeking guidance on complex projects/issues from senior staff.
The initial appointment period will be for one years with 3 months’ probation. The appointment may be extended for a period of another three years subject to performance assessments and funding.
o A Master’s degree in Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science or other relevant field, with a minimum of five years of relevant experience in communications work, with specialized knowledge on working with media and social media; or a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
Since 1990 Nai Zindagi has been working with disfranchised groups of people affected by the use of drugs and associated harms to help them move from margins of society to center stage. Often people affected by poverty, social injustice, criminalization and stigma use drugs to cope with the harsh rea ...Read More