PURPOSE OF THE POST
The assignment has the following objectives:
“To provide “HIV Testing and Counseling” services to clients (IDUs) and their spouses at the CoPC site and in outreach”
- In consultation with the Project Site Manager, plan and establish HTC services for injecting drug users and their partners
- Conduct pre and post test counseling with clients on regular basis.
- Facilitate family contacts after client consent where possible and appropriate (as per HTC) and family counseling SOPs).
- Conduct follow up sessions after client has reintegrated with family, and maintain follow up record (SOPs to be followed).
- Referral for further testing.
- Referral for medical services when needed.
- Referral for HIV prevention services.
- Referral for HIV & AIDS care and support services.
- Maintain all record/information related to clients, their test results in strict confidentiality
- Attend day plan meetings with staff members and highlight issues of clients raised in their morning meeting
- Participate and discuss issues pertaining to HTC, prevention ,care & support services
- Maintain a daily diary and submit report of daily activities to site manager by the end of the day.
- HTC counselor will establish referral linkages with CHBC site
- Maintain HTC files, monitoring and figure charts (as per SOPs).
- Maintain a list of referral linkages.
Provided “HIV Testing and Counseling” services to Clients and their Spouses in an effective and efficient manner in accordance of SOPs