National Incubation Center, Faisalabad is a joint venture of FFC, Change Mechanics, Founder Institute, CyberVision Technologies, and Mehmood Group, which is funded by Ignite, Ministry of IT & Telecom (MoITT). NIC, Faisalabad is the first purpose-built facility in Faisalabad to serve innovators, change-makers, and passionate leaders from agriculture, textile, technology, climate change and energy verticals. NIC, Faisalabad will offer incubation, mentoring, free state-of-the-art working space, linkages with industry and investors to aspiring and budding startups and entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a IT & Network Officer who will be responsible for the installation and configuration of computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults, and solve technical and application problems. Incumbent will maintain the computer networks, provide technical support and ensure the IT systems run smoothly.
Purpose: support and manage IT hardware and software systems and ensure the security of data/policies implementation.
Directly Responsible For:
- Develop processes for HW/SW procurement, and resolution of HW/SW accessibility issues for NIC team, startups, Mentors/trainers and other relevant stakeholders
- keep computer systems running smoothly and ensure users get the maximum support in installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks, website against cyber attacks
- provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues for startups
- Perform routine PC maintenance and updates for performance efficiency.
- Assist in maintaining Internet service, firewalls, and telephone systems.
- Setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment, and providing daily support for computer network user.
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues.
- Check company’s network for errors, repair malfunctioning peripherals, and help colleagues troubleshoot problems.
- (this shall not be function of IT Manager, it falls in the domain of communication/media manager)
- (This also shall not be part of IT manager duties).
- Network Configurations, IP settings and Bandwidth Testing. Implementation of
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging,
- Reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree in computer science/ information technology/ networking from HEC recognized institute
- At least three-years proven skills in IT & Networks management in reputable and comparable organizations.
- Expertise in hardware and software management and troubleshooting.
- Experience of development and implementation of networks.
- Backup and IT policies development and implementation
- Planning and designing of IT infrastructure and make changes as per bandwidth requirement of users
- Maintain and execute Service level agreements with relevant stakeholders
- Ability to configure and manage routers, firewalls, VLAN and access switches
- Personal integrity and transparency, serving as a role model for others.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot wireless LAN environment along with its authentication and security