The Corporate Affairs & Public Relations Manager is responsible to the Managing Director for developing, coordinating and implementing the Corporation’s Communications and Public Relations strategy to build relationships and communicate a positive image & brand of Kenya Railways.
The key roles include and not limited to:
- Developing and implementing appropriate Corporate Affairs strategies, programmes, and policies for all stakeholders to achieve positive image & brand.
- Designing programmes to create and maintain a positive image of the corporation to the external publics.
- Managing the production and dissemination of information with targeted publics through appropriate channels in line with the corporate mission and vision.
- Managing the Corporation's Customer Care function to enhance client satisfaction in line with the Corporation's Service Delivery Charter.
- Managing and coordinating research into stakeholder's perceptions and image of the Corporation, to achieve positive reputation for the Corporation.
- Leading the implementation of the Corporation's media-relations strategy to enhance goodwill and positive coverage for the Corporation.
- Planning & managing the Corporation’s key events.
- Managing the development and implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility programmes.
- Developing and implementing crisis management strategies to alleviate crisis situations and maintain positive reputation.
- Advising senior management on key strategic communications to uphold a positive image and reputation for the Corporation.
- Management of the Corporate Affairs Department budget.
- Preparing, managing and monitoring the department’s budgets.
- Leading, motivating and developing the departmental staff to achieve business and people objectives