As a part of our ongoing transformation across the organization, we are searching for a Development Manager to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the development of high-quality software components by applying cutting edge software engineering practices.
In this position, you will provide critical oversight and governance, growing the capability of our teams to build market-leading Enterprise Software Products and Solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to ensure the production of high-quality deliverables.
- Manage project delivery through disciplined project management processes, and close collaboration with the business partners and various IT Functions.
- Establish coordination across the projects to ensure adequate resource availability and delivery commitments.
- Coordinate the delivery of multiple projects, develop and manage aggressive project plans, and work with resources across multiple teams.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement, ownership and transparency.
- Attract, develop, train and retain capable individuals.
- Evaluate team and individual performance by providing input, guidance, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Drive performance improvements through best practice enablement, coaching, mentoring and quality oversight.
- Responsible for Employees confirmations, evaluations and career progression.
- Conduct regular reviews with senior stakeholders, focusing on team and individual performance against agreed criteria.
- Actively seek to resolve any concerns while adhering to the company policy and standards of behavior.
- Build partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 10+ years of experience in Software Development and 2+ years in a management role
- Experience of working with product owners and scrum masters in a disciplined development environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter
- Proven experience in setting and measuring targets for team members
- Demonstrable experience in senior positions across enterprise software projects
- Experience with web services / API development
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP. TDD)
- Microsoft SQL Server