We are looking for motivated and talented Lead Android Developer to help us build mobile apps that integrate with our services platform. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile applications. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Android design and development, with one or more apps in the Google Play app store.
- Lead team of Android engineers and steer them towards delivery.
- Work closely with product managers to develop excellent understanding of business needs; collaborate with architects and development teams to come up with high level systems design that is aligned with Macy’s reference architecture, technology roadmap, software development best practices, patterns and standards.
- Decomposing high-level requirements from business partners and develop lower level stories/tasks that can be readily assigned to various project developers.
- Enforce engineering rigor by participating in design & code reviews.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes, inter relationship/dependencies/interactions among system components and how things work end to end.
- Keen on innovation in the face of uncertain product requirements.
- Work with Release Engineering team in app deployment activities.
- Participate in the full SDLC (RUP/Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- 2+ years as a technical lead with deep understanding of Android UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design Android apps
- 5+ years of broad knowledge of Java, Android Studio, Gradle
- Hands on experience programming apps with Kotlin.
- An Object-Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying design patterns.
- Knowledge of web application architecture and experience working on projects consuming REST APIs.
- Experience working with and tuning high-volume mobile applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.