Provide a full range of medical general practice services to patients through a range of pharmacy-based clinics in accordance with the clinical medical staff by-laws, rules and regulations whilst ensuring the Company’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all time.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a full range of medical general practice services to patients through pharmacy-based clinics in accordance with the clinic medical staff by-laws and rules and regulations and as per instructions from the Medical Director
- Contribute to the review, planning, development and implementation of all medical services offered in pharmacy clinics to ensure the highest level of patient care standards are consistently delivered in a cost-effective and efficient manner
- Apply best-practice standards in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients visiting pharmacy-based clinics
- Conduct routine check-ups of patients to assess their health condition and identify possible causes/issues and relevant treatments
- Conduct examinations of patients, evaluate symptoms, ask intuitive questions to determine the cause of illness
- Identify and order diagnostic tests as required, check test results and inform patients of results in a timely manner
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying pathologies
- Make informed diagnoses based on the patient’s medical history, examination and tests results
- Prescribe medications and/or drugs to patients and provide comprehensive instructions on how to administer the same
- Assess clinical conditions, prioritize health problems and provide effective emergency care to patients when necessary
- Consult and collaborate with colleagues/ other healthcare professionals to provide optimal care to all patients and refer patients to other specialist doctors as and when required
- Guide and advise patients on healthy lifestyle habits (diet, hygiene etc.) and provide advice on preventative actions to promote overall health of the community and encourage health promotion and patient education.
- Stay abreast of developments in medical general practice and continually develop own skills and competencies through ongoing medical education via all available channels.
- Document all care provided and educational information given to patients in their personal health records ensuring all records/documentation is maintained as per the company’s document management systems and standards.
- Comply with infection prevention control policies and procedures at all times and remain aware of all safeguarding policies(local and national) and implement policies as necessary.
- Attend annual resuscitation training and ensure all mandatory, regulatory orrecenc training certifications/requirements are maintained and up to date.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- MBBS / MD or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
- Successful completion of the internship program and 1-2 years clinical experience
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, doctors, nurses, and other clinical staff
- Appropriate exposure, experience and competence in all aspects of general practice
- Certification in Basic and Advanced Life Support
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Excellent Computer Literacy skills