Background Novus Altair Ltd is a well-established Security and IT services provider based in London, UK. Novus Altair is assessed and registered for ISO 9001 Quality Management System, BS OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety and BS EN 14001 Environmental.
With annual sales growing steadily year-on-year we are stepping into the future strong and confident. Our R & D team is outstanding having introduced revolutionary concepts in using Robots and Drones for the Security Industry. We envisage to see ourselves as a world class service provider in the near future.
Towards reaching our business goals we are establishing a software development team in Karachi, Pakistan which will work very closely with the London head office. As such we are looking for senior Front End Developer to develop / maintain various web projects user interfaces for our clients as well as internal projects. We are looking for motivated individual and technology enthusiast to be part of our tech team and grow their career. Selected candidate will be fully involved to combine the art of design with the art of UI/UX scripting skills. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to functional code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the creative designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop projects from inception to final delivery, ensuring that all work is effective, appropriate and delivered within agreed timescales.
- Lead and coordinate a cross-functional design team; maintain a goal-oriented environment while facilitating boundary questioning and creative thinking.
- Proficient understanding of client-side scripting, asynchronous request handling, and cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop and process PSDs.
- Identify the behavior of web application on different screens and layouts. Responsive testing of different screen sizes, browsers, and devices before handing over project tasks.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool e.g. BitBucket/ GIT Hub and regularly update clean project code in the project repository.
- As a member of the Scrum team, participate in daily standup meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- Take an active role in static testing activities such as design review and requirements inspections in order to identify ambiguity and inconsistency in requirements as well as improve the design of company software products and all other assigned projects.
- Record and update JIRA on a timely basis to report all your assigned tasks, reported bugs and user stories.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years professional experience in Front End Web Development
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years professional experience in Front End Web Development
Background, skills, and experience
- Thorough knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 and table-less, semantically meaningful, cross-browser/platform compatible and accessible website development
- Good working knowledge of Bootstrap
- Must be good with UI/UX design with responsive Web Design
- Wireframe and prototyping experience
- Should be well versant with AngularJS with a good working knowledge of JQuery/AJAX
- CMS working and implementation e.g. WordPress, Joomla
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
Evidence of background, qualifications, skills, and experience will be assessed against your application and references provided. Personal qualities will be assessed against references and your performance at interview.