About the Job Novus Altair Ltd is a well-established Security and IT services provider based in London, UK. Novus Altair is assessed and registered for ISO 9001 Quality Management System, BS OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety and BS EN 14001 Environmental.
With annual sales growing steadily year-on-year we are stepping into the future strong and confident. Our R&D team is outstanding having introduced revolutionary concepts in using Robots and Drones for the Security Industry. We envisage to see ourselves as a world class service provider in the near future.
Towards reaching our business goals we have established a software development team in Karachi, Pakistan which is working very closely with the London head office.
The post holder(s) would be an established Office Manager at our Karachi office with a proven employment record. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual who will be responsible for Office/Facilities Management, HR support, Office Administration and assistance in Business Development duties.
- Manage, maintain & monitor complete accounting system.
- Manage and control leave, sickness absence and overtime of all staff.
- Timely and accurate payment of supplier invoices and employee expense reimbursement
- Raising customer invoices & subsequent allocation of bank receipts
- Book keeping and maintain purchase & asset registers.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts’ reports and full annual accounts.
- Manage and prepare monthly payroll, and timely scheduling and payment of wages and related taxes and pension contributions
- Monitor and manage revenue and costs against budget establishing appropriate controls.
- Manage office purchase & procurement requirements.
- Assist in other areas of finance as required
- Providing procurement advice on and preparing suitable supplier agreements.
- Identifying and delivering cost saving initiatives, mitigating business risk and improving sustainability impact.
- Negotiating with suppliers, preparing, participating and recording the results of negotiations of procurement activity for auditing purposes.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Analyse business processes leading to ongoing business improvements.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary.
- Assist Project Manager in recruitment and selecting staff.
- Identify areas for additional business with existing customers and new business opportunities.
- Provide general business support and carry out ad hoc duties as required.
- Positively influence others by demonstrating core Novus Altair values and behaviours.
- Act as a source of professional expertise and have accountability for continuously evaluating models, systems and sources of information
- Identifying potential for risk and ensuring fit for purpose where applicable.
- Engage and influence stakeholders, anticipating, clarifying and shaping requirements for the purpose of optimising business results.
- Relevant degree (e.g. Bachelors of Commerce, Bachelors of Accounting, Bachelors of Business Administration)
- At least 5 years of proven working experience in accounts & administration roles with additional skills of procurement, business analyst and HR.
- Applicant should be familiar with computers and various applications as the role may require a good level of PC/application use.
- Previous experience in accounts & administration roles.
- Knowledge of local, UK and International markets, business development processes and techniques
- Ability to work on MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT), PDF and ability to work in IT environment(computer/internet/emails) efficiently
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A self-starter with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Experience of day to day administration of a small office.
- Understanding of working with the building management team as required
- Attention to detail
- Discretion and trustworthiness
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact effectively with internal stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Good verbal and written skills