Novus Altair Ltd is a well-established Security and IT services provider based in London, UK. Novus Altair is assessed and registered for ISO 9001 Quality Management System, BS OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety and BS EN 14001 Environmental.
With annual sales growing steadily year-on-year we are stepping into the future strong and confident. Our R & D team is outstanding having introduced revolutionary concepts in using Robots and Drones for the Security Industry. We envisage to see ourselves as a world class service provider in the near future.
Towards reaching our business goals we have established a software development team in Karachi, Pakistan which works very closely with the London head office. As such we are looking for a Senior PHP Developer to manage and develop application development projects for our clients as well as internal purposes. We are looking for a motivated individual and technology enthusiast to manage and be part of our tech team and grow their career.
- Must have the ability to see through a project from start to finish with a mixture of technical knowledge and leadership to monitor both the product being produced and the people performing at work.
- Turn the desires of clients into technical requirements that a software developer can understand.
- Breakdown the various elements involved in getting the work done, such as producing a timetable and assigning tasks to team members and developing checkpoints for progress.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment complying with time measures and organizational standards and regulations.
- Should be able to utilize relevant resources to execute project activities effectively and notifying supervisors to correct the issues.
- Coordinate with higher management and client to identify project issues and concerns and making appropriate resolutions in a timely manner.
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications using industry standard tools and techniques.
- Help drive the definition of PHP and JS frameworks to support new features and refactor legacy elements.
- Lead and take part in designing solutions architecture and various technical solutions.
- Convert finished specification or design into functional software in a LAMP environment.
- Write technical as well as non-technical project specifications; record all procedures.
- Ability to think critically, conduct research and creatively solve problems.
- Clear communication with stakeholders and peers, and the ability to collaborate as a team.
- Review product needs documents and participate for calls integration with partners.
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues.
- Resolve identified issues related with PHP development.
- Liaise with stakeholders varying from senior managers to various technical personnel.
- Head responsibility to evaluate, design, develop and assist application systems.
- Maintain and manage clear and complete technical documentation of assigned projects.
- Manage projects and teams effectively to ensure business goals are met.
- Prepare solutions with recent applicable tools to execute client-specific interfaces, workflows and data analysis libraries.
- Guide business decisions from technical perspective like performance, reliability, scalability and security.
- Write clean object-oriented PHP as well as efficient SQL.
- Monitor coding standard of subordinates in PHP development pool.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
- Conduct unit testing and deployment of software into production.
- Break down software specification into its simplest elements and translate the business logic into programming language.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Perform database administration and development, as well as web development.
- Adhere to Agile development standards.
- Participate in all assigned projects as a SCRUM team member.
- Record and update JIRA on a timely manner reporting all your assigned tasks and user stories.
- Extensive command over code repositories management, specially GIT hub.
Note: The list of JD is indicative and not exhaustive and the nature and scope of your duties may vary in accordance with the business needs.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 5+ years professional development experience using LAMP stack.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 7+ years professional development experience using LAMP stack.
Background, skills and experience
- Expert-level PHP programming and working knowledge of at least one popular MVC framework ( Laravel (preferable), Yii, Symfony or CodeIgniter)
- Experience in full-lifecycle of software product development, from start till end.
- Strong API design skills along with experience in designing & consuming RESTful web services.
- Solid grasp of design patterns, solid & clean coding principles.
- Good knowledge of version control tools and developing web services.
- Strong knowledge of both relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB).
- Proficient in HTML coding, CSS, DOM, Java Script, AJAX, Angular JS and JQuery.
- Demonstrable knowledge of web technologies including bootstrap and extensive JS knowledge.
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google – especially Google Maps and location based services, Facebook, Ebay etc)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.
Evidence of background, qualifications, skills and experience will be assessed against your application and references provided. Personal qualities will be assessed against references and your performance at interview.