The position of Treasure exists to direct, guide, supervise and control all financial functions within the University. The broad functions include budget planning, performance evaluation, cost evaluation, receipts, disbursements, fee structure, imports, compliance to University/ and legal affairs etc. The incumbent is also responsible to ensure existence of a proper Management Information System and Internal Controls within the University.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for prudently dealing with accounts, budgets, taxation and financial planning of the University in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the management and local laws.
2. To develop and implement financial strategies and financial controls. Forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
3. Insure that all assets, investments and transactions are properly accounted for and that there exists an effective system of internal control.
4. Monitor working capital management, accounts receivables, accounts payable and stock levels in order to rationalize usage of funds; and put in place a comprehensive disaster recovery plan.
5. Coordinate with the external auditors to ensure timely completion of the annual audit and arranging approval of the audited accounts by the Finance Committee / Board of Governors.
6. Maintain liaison with the tax consultants for the timely completion of income tax assessment; submission of various monthly / annual tax returns, applying for exemptions from deduction of tax at source etc.
7. Ensure compliance with statutes of the Act of NUR-international University.
8. Making presentations to the Strategic Governance Team on specific financial issues.
9. To present the Annual Statement of Accounts of to the University Board of Governors.
10. Any other duties determined by the Treasurer and commensurate with the level of the post.
NUR International University (NIU) - Chartered by the Government of Punjab and recognized by the Higher Education Commission was launched with a mission to provide a holistic education experience that promotes multi-disciplinary studies, incorporating our values, ethics and international best practi ...Read More