1. Registration and Management of Acute Malnourished Children.
2. Prior to providing nutrition counseling to an individual, the CNA shall conduct a comprehensive nutrition assessment of the health and nutrition status of the patient under CMAM guidelines, which shall include but not be limited to the identification of food intake, medication, drug or supplement usage, personal health practices, and personal and family health or medical conditions.
3. The CNA shall develop and implement an individualized nutrition counseling plan for each patient based on the nutrition assessment of the patient’s health, nutrition status, and individualized lifestyle.
4. The CNA shall fortenightly reassess the patient’s health and nutrition status and adjust the nutrition counseling plan as indicated.
5. Ensure that all children (7. Follow the CMAM-SFP/ OTP management protocols for the treatment of moderately and severely acute malnutrition children (Ensure Proper care, packing and provision of Nutritional supplies (UNIMIX) & Plumpy nuts to the Registered Malnourished children as per CMAM guidelines.
6. Ensure that complicated cases of Severely Acute Malnourished are transferred to Pediatric unit (DHQ) before admission to the Stabilization centre (SC). Coordinate with the SC colleagues and follow-up the status of the transferred patients. Appropriate counseling and motivation of the patient/ patient’s career for availing the curative services at SC and Pediatric ward DHQ-Hospital, including information on the provision of free medicines and food for patient and the career.
7. Facilitate the transportation of the “Severely Malnourished Children with Complications” to the SC-Centre in coordination with the logistic team.
8. Prepare and submit timely Supply Request for SFP & OTP supplies (UNIMIX, Plumpy nuts, Micronutrient Sachets/ Tablets, Medications and other relevant items) with the district Nutritionist/ District Nutrition Coordinator for ensuring smooth implementation of SFP & OTP activities.