OneNet Pakistan is an IT Solutions & Services provider/vendor offering range of solutions & services in IT monitoring, performance, security domains. We are a small company and rapidly growing with several customers and projects in Enterprise and Telco companies.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager for IT Services & Projects. The candidate is expected to lead the technical team and manage customer projects in IT monitoring, performance, and security domains.
Following are the position requirements:
- 6 - 7 years experience, preferably in IT vendor
- Graduate (BS) in CS or IT from a reputable university
- Should have at least 2-3 years exposure of deploying Enterprise IT projects. Should be well versed with project management skills.
- Should have team management skills
- Should be able to lead technical services & projects and able to coordinate with principals (suppliers/partners).
- Should be able to handle customers very well, listening & understanding to their issues and resolving them.
- Functions as a lead doing the work similar to those in the work unit; responsible for training and guiding the team, and evaluating project performance performance and team performance.
- Recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of:
- Linux OS (CentOS, or RedHat, or SLES)
- SQL databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL or MS-SQL) and DB engines. Database maintenance & optimisation
- Shell scripting (Bash or PowerShell)
- Web servers (Apache, or Nginx) configuration and optimisation
- System performance & resource optimisation (Hardware, Kernel, OS services & processes)
- Virtual computing (VirtualBox, or VMware)
- Server & Network monitoring tools (knowledge of NMS and Log Management tools would be a plus)
- Server hardening & security
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP protocols and networks (knowledge of packet analysis tools e.g. tcpdump or wireshark would be a plus).
- Fundamentals of IT Security (knowledge of cybersecurity tools would be a plus).