We need a production manager having food manufacturing background with at least 5 years working experience. Handsome salary package with fringe benefits.
As a production manager, you'll be involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes. You'll make sure goods and services are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality.
As a production manager, you'll need to:
- oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule
- ensure that the production is cost effective
- decide what resources are required
- draft a timescale for the job
- estimate costs and sets the quality standards
- monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
- monitor product standards and implement quality control programmes
- liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers
- work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
- ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- supervise and motivate a team of workers
- review worker performance
- identify training needs.
You'll be involved in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. A large part of the job is dealing with people management.
What to expect
- In small enterprises, you'll spend considerable amounts of time on the shop floor supervising staff, where the environment can either be quiet and pleasant or noisy and dirty, depending on the nature of the organization.
- Dress code is usually business casual, but you'll need to dress more formally when meeting suppliers, managers or business people.
- The job can be stressful when there are problems or difficulties in meeting deadlines, though can be satisfying when targets are met.
- You may be based on one site but could also be responsible for operations in a number of locations, meaning you could be required to travel and spend time away from home.
You'll need to have:
the ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet deadlines
- hands-on experience to run Extrusion machines
- planning and organization skills to be able to run and monitor the production process
- the ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems
- the capacity to grasp concepts easily
- attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
- the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team