We over at Oval Communications are looking for a Technical Network Services Officers manage and maintain the day to day operation of the software, hardware and network infrastructure used by the IT/technology systems, services and assets supporting an organisation.
The Technical Network Services Officer ensures that the network services provided across the organisation maintains a high degree of service availability, that 24x7 proactive monitoring on the operational health of the infrastructure components that support the path between the application and the end user is maintained; maintenance and backups are carried out on a daily basis; quality and cost effective support and maintenance services for supported Operating System and Database platforms are provided; work on Storage Area Networks (SAN) hardware and software and robotic tape libraries is carried out. The Technical Services Officer (Networks) acts as second line direct technical support and assistance for other Services Management Department teams and implementation staff and first line support to customers after normal Service Call Centre service hours and co-ordinates abnormal support as may be required.
· Assists in the upkeep, enhancements and efficient usage of network tools across the various service teams
- Manage and carry out activities that apply to service operations
- Monitor and report on the quality and effectiveness of service operations to meet business and organisational objectives/targets
- Review and identify improvements to service operations activities
- Carry out and implement technical support activities
- Monitor, review and report technical support activities against targets and/or metrics
- Develop and implement solutions to maintain and/or improve technical management support activities
- Maintain, monitor and report availability management activities, as directed
- Gather and document relevant information for the effective monitoring of systems and services availability
- Assist in identifying future requirements and potential improvements to the availability of systems and services
· Monitors incidents, change management and requests for services raised by the customer and ensures proper closure of calls, while providing continuous status feedback to Team Leaders and customer.
- Carry out, and assist with the management of, 'Service Help Desk and Incident Management' activities
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness and customer satisfaction of 'Service Help Desk and Incident Management' activities
· Provides first line Helpdesk support to customers, and logs, prioritises, categorises and escalates incidents as may be required.
- Identify improvements and work-arounds to Service Help Desk and Incident Management activities
· Identifies and resolve problems to minimise the impact on business activities.
Carry out timely and effective problem management activities
- Gather and collate information concerning problems and problem resolutions to help identify trends/root cause(s)