As the Digital Content Designer, you will work with every member of our production team to help create outstanding digital content for the web and digital signage. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design and be able to translate high-level requirements into beautiful and effective websites and graphics.
This position requires a high level of creativity and graphic design skill. Candidates should enjoy wearing many hats, but the primary focus is on building beautiful WordPress websites and creating graphics in Adobe Photoshop and After Effects. . The person in this role will also be responsible for some development support and updating existing websites.
Role and Responsibilities
This role is highly collaborative and cross-functional, with dependencies on other members of the production team, as well as customer experience and website administration. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable with change, a high-speed environment, and be interested in taking on more than just the core responsibilities.
- Design and build stunning websites using the WordPress platform
- Optimize websites for performance by adjusting CSS, HTML and J
- Create consistent content, interaction, and visual styles across a suite of products
- Research design and technology trends, and understand when it’s appropriate to use them
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to development to deployment
- Create graphics and videos using Adobe Photoshop and After Effects. Videos will be comprised of motion graphics, transitions, ad copy and stock footage. Must use best practices for effective digital signage content (high readability, attention-grabbing)
- 2+ years of experience with website design using WordPress
- 1+ year of experience optimizing websites for performance while using the WordPress CMS
- 1+ years of experience with motion graphics design (Adobe After Effects)
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop (After Effects is a plus)
- Up-to-date with the latest digital design trends, techniques, and technologies
- Ability to manage various projects at once in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, be resourceful under tight timelines, and work independently
- A strong detail-oriented, creative and resourceful mindset
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Good communicator, effective multi-tasker, have a solid work ethic and be passionate about his/her work