We have a new and exciting opportunity to join our Finance team at Oxford Policy Management (OPM), Islamabad. This is a role for someone with experience in managing a finance function from the operational financial procedures through to partnering with the business to provide an efficient, well regarded finance function that effectively supports business needs.
As a core member of the OPM Islamabad Team, you will be accountable for the financial duties for the office, managing the finance team, analysing financial information and preparing financial reports by compiling information and utilising appropriate accounting control procedures. Collaborating with the Oxford, UK teams you will operate a finance function that complies with all internal and external policies processes and procedures.
Oxford Policy Management is one of the world's leading international public policy consultancies. We support governments in low- and middle-income countries to develop and implement policies that reduce poverty, improve livelihoods and reform public services.
We have operated in Pakistan for more than 20 years, working on challenging assignments across the policy cycle, across sectors, and across the length and breadth of the nation. Based in Islamabad since 2007, we are now a team of over 30 employees, in addition to a large contractor base, recognised for our analytical rigour and commitment to development. Most of our consultancy staff are social scientists with strong academic backgrounds.
We need a Finance Manager, with good attention to detail and willing to ensure the financial operational success of the Pakistan office. The candidate must also have the skills and desire to work closely with the business to provide a high level of reporting, forecasting and operational analysis. This is a great opportunity for you to work in a diverse multicultural environment and develop your international focus.
The role primarily consists of, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Cultivate an open environment that encourages development and continuous improvement.
- Ensure the team is providing quality service to the business
- Ensure accuracy of all financial figures, reports and documents
- Ensure compliance of all financial processes and documentation with established policies and procedures
Financial Operations & Payroll:
- Ownership of reporting, forecasting, and operational analysis—you will develop, document and implement office finance protocols and procedures
- Accountable for approving invoices, expenditure, preparing all payments from office costs to advance requests from OPM Oxford
- Accountable for accurate completion of monthly cashbooks, bank reconciliation of all bank accounts and other monthly financial reports
- Prepare annual budget, review quarterly with the budget holders and OPM Oxford
- Responsible for monthly payroll process of Islamabad office staff and the project accounting system
- Responsible for smooth operation of all financial staff and systems in OPM Pakistan office.
- Coordinate with banks for operational requirements
- Accountable for monthly expense reporting, and exercising budgetary controls
- Provide advice on tax / compliance/ regulatory implications for contract (staff / client / partner) negotiation as requested
- Prepare monthly and yearly annual statements of personal income tax and withholding tax and to collect the same from Projects for further submission.
- Perform tax computations
Audit & Compliance:
- Coordinate with the local authorities for compliance of various statutory requirements
- Ensure financial, legal, audit, contractual, tax and regulatory compliance of all documentation and procedures
Key Skills & Experience:
- Qualified to degree level (preferred) with finance qualifications
- Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in managerial capacity
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and FEMA Guidelines
- Strong financial regulation knowledge
- Excellent understanding of Pakistani payroll and legislation
- Some knowledge and understanding of working in a global context
- Demonstrated ability to frame problems and solutions for successful resolution
- Ability to create reports and financial records and present them effectively
- Develop complex formulas to perform needed calculations and demonstrate how data was derived
- Able to establish clear priorities and work to objectives with a flexible work approach
- Good computer skills, MS Office, and accounting software
- Enthusiasm, drive, self-motivation with a positive attitude and strong team orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to present data and information clearly
- Ability to work co-operatively and confidently with administrative and academic colleagues and other stakeholders
This is a permanent position based in Islamabad, Pakistan, you must have the right to work in Pakistan.