The Project Manager will be responsible for a 30-months BMZ through Humedica supported Umerkot WASH, DRR and Livelihood project. The Project Manager will have leadership responsibility for the overall management of the project. S/he will provide strategic and operational leadership to implement a successful project.
To manage the 30 months long integrated WASH, DRR and Livelihood project in drought hit areas of Umerkot. The Project Manager will ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with BMZ and PMS rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, reports as required.
- Masters in Agriculture or Disaster Management or equivalent field experience.
- Significant (5 + years) management experience working in remote areas of Sindh in Thematic areas of WASH, DRR and Livelihood in drought context.
- Sound knowledge on Sphere Standards and Core Humanitarian Standards
- Development Experience
- Advocacy & Networking experience
- Experience managing large WASH, DRR and Food Security & Livelihoods projects, focusing on drought DRR, agriculture, livestock, and self-help groups (SHGs) for an international NGO.
- Proven experience building capacity of staff, community groups, local NGOs, and government bodies and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in Leadership and supervision of staff and in building and maintaining a high perform team.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Inter-personal skills to influence and guide staff and stakeholders in identifying project related opportunities and resolving challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English & Sindhi required.
- Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.