The Graphic Designer shall be responsible for developing and designing a complete array of graphic , photographic, and video artifacts, infographics, documents and reports, as well as marketing and event collateral for a range of products and services in the science and innovation space.
The ideal person shall be someone with a Bachelors in Computer Arts, Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Visual Studies, and related disciplines. Since the project requires science communications, prior experience or strong interest in communicating science, technology, and innovation to lay audiences will be a must.
- Someone with a four year Bachelors degree with 1-2 years of experience or a Masters degree with prior experience will be preferred.
- Ability to quickly understand ideas and concepts and render them in graphical and visual form will be a must.
- Extensive experience of Adobe's creative Suit - InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, and Adobe Flash as well as Corel Draw, Maya, etc.
- Excellent typographic and layout skills
- Strong knowledge of changing graphic and visual trends, technical and software developments
- Meet deadlines while having the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent communications ability including both written and spoken English.
- A quick learner with the right attitude to contribute and learn from an exciting initiative.
- Working as a part of a small team of professionals will require resourcefullness, teamwork, a can-do attitude, and flexibility to take on different roles.
- We expect the person to be a hands-on designer and artist rather than someone who can just conceptualise a variety of graphic outputs including print materials, large format print, digital, adverts for external publications and websites.
In due time this position may evolve into conceptualisation. In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and recognition from management who appreciate hard work and talent, as well as believing strongly in progressing staff careers when the time is right.
PLEASE ATTACH A SAMPLE OF YOUR PORTFOLIO OR SHARE LINK WHEN APPLYING