Designation : Director Technical
Reports to : CEO
Supervises : Technical Department
This position exists to keep the Technical Department up to date with current industry challenges, budgeting and forecasting and ensuring smooth O&M activities. In addition, the DT is expected to actively contribute in new Revenue Generation efforts, with service development, go to market strategy, lead generation and deal closure, together with the CEO and the rest of the Revenue Generation team.
Additional Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- The DT is the owner of all issues with accountability for the performance of the Technical Department.
- The DT shall keep the CEO apprised of all unusual developments related to the assigned domain.
- The DT is the Asset Owner of all Technical Assets installed in the Data Centre and also responsible to control access.
- Data Security and prevention of Data Loss / Theft / Intrusion is a prime responsibility. The DT shall constantly monitor possible attack vectors and mitigate as per requirement.
- Keeps abreast of all activities and issues.
- Recommends solutions for unresolved issues and/or escalating issues to the upper management. Build consensus for contentious issues where necessary with all parties / stakeholders.
- Assigns responsibilities/tasks to direct reports: Senior Manager Technical, Manager Ops/Coordination, and additionally second line reports Assistant Manager Technical/Operations.
- Gets regular reports from Senior Manager Technical and Manager Ops/Coordination regarding progress within their functions and ensure things are going as per plan.
- Responsible for timely technical reporting and accuracy within and outside the organization.
- Oversees responsibilities/task assignments within each functional group.
- Reviews processes, procedures and policies for the department and revise where necessary, with CEO’s approval.
- Works with the managers to define JDs for existing and the newly created positions.
- Leads hiring activity for the Technical department, in coordination with HR.
- Conducts formal performance reviews for the department as well as providing informal feedback and mentoring to the department employees.
- Identifies training needs for the Technical staff as well as identifying opportunities for training.
- Prepares/revises Operational and CapEx budget for the Technical department and provide supporting details of expenses where necessary. Responsible for getting the Technical Budget approved at all levels.
- Ensures that the actual expenses remain within approved operational budget.
- Responsible for all Technical Related compliance according to defined SOPs / Guidelines / Standards as applicable.
- Responsible for delivery of agreed KPIs for MNP and other services.
- Ensures efficient & effective O&M SoPs and Porting Processes, Procedures, Guideline and Code of Conduct; maximize system availability; Primary and Disaster Recovery Site.
- Provides regular status/reports to the CEO and escalate issues to the CEO where necessary.
- Stays abreast of the latest technology developments including MNP and generally for the mobile value added services.
- Makes recommendation for upgrades and possible new services (beyond MNP) that should be evaluated. Prepare business case analysis of such services where necessary, with assistance from Finance where required.
- Interfaces with relevant external parties; including CMOs Technical Committee, Executive Committee, and BoD on technical matters (e.g., sending out MNP status reports, providing technical justifications, escalating issues etc.) and ensures effective management of Prime Contract with Telcordia and its Subcontractors.
- Coordinates as required with PTA, PTCL and other LDI/LL/WLL Operators, keeping within assigned bounds of responsibility, with Shareholder and PMD interest in mind.