This is to inform all that some fraudsters are using fake identities, pretending to represent Pakistan Reading Project and posting fake job vacancies on online job portals and sending fake interview calls through e-mails and letters. Pakistan Reading Project only uses the [email protected]rg email address to send job related emails. Any communication received from a domain other than @pakreading.org DOES NOT represent official communications from Pakistan Reading Project. Please ignore any such communication.
Program Background Summary: Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) is five year USAID funded project starting in June 2013 to support the provincial and regional Departments of Education (DoE) throughout Pakistan to improve reading skills of at least 1.3 million children in grade one and two. The project will achieve this goal through three major but interrelated initiatives that are working together to affect the quality of primary education, teacher education, policy reforms, and community engagement to re-establish a national culture of reading in Pakistan. The result will be improved reading and assessment of 23,800 teachers in public schools with improved skills in teaching reading; 3,161 scholarships for ADE and B.Ed (Hons) students; and mobile bus libraries reaching out to 300 communities. PRP anticipates that 1.3 million children will be able to read at a level commensurate with standards at their grade level.
Database Manager will work with national M&E team to manage existing databases, develop and implement additional database requirement analysis and M&E Information System. The database programming work includes designing relational database on central server; browsers based front-end interfaces (forms) for CRUD operation, ETL queries, Self-Service reporting interface to generate summaries/charts, android and other utilities for data cleaning, backup and data security checks.
· Review existing functional modules of M&E IS, concept note, and help team to prepare the technical documentation of M&E Databases and Document Management System.
· Support M&E team to enhance the database interfaces and explore available datasets for M&E IS dashboard.
· Design and develop additional functional modules based on newly identified information need of M&E, and integrate all functional modules on M&E IS platform.
· Creating data flow and process diagrams, user access security modules, and role based layers for each functional module of M&E IS.
· Regularly monitor data repositories, and check daily data entry log, perform data cleaning, and provide support to end users from time to time.
· Develop relational tables, stored procedures, views, functions, triggers and other complex queries to manipulate existing datasets.
· Write client side codes/scripts to introduce a series of data quality assurance/ control mechanisms; including flags, input masking, validation and duplication prevention.
· Design filterable grids and matrixes and data export and import features.
· Integrate central dashboard (Business Intelligence module) with embedded real-time data widgets/visuals, and also to support drilldown, visualize custom report generate.
· Develop security and backup features to safeguard M&E data and manage testing, trouble shooting and other web server management.
· Any other task assigned by supervisor or working group.
Master Degree in Computer Science or IT
· At least 5~8 years’ of work experience in related field, preferably with donors funded projects.
· Knowledge of donor reporting portals or M&E Information Systems with rich experience in responsive interface development using latest controls.
· MySQL Server development and administration.
SUCCESS FACTORS: The ideal candidate should be a team player and quick learner. He or She should possess strong knowledge and skill of web-based database programming.
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education ...
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education ...Read More