This is to inform all that some fraudsters are using fake identities, pretending to represent Pakistan Reading Project and posting fake job vacancies on online job portals and sending fake interview calls through e-mails and letters. Pakistan Reading Project only uses the [email protected] email address to send job related emails. Any communication received from a domain other than @pakreading.org DOES NOT represent official communications from Pakistan Reading Project. Please ignore any such communication.
Program Background Summary:
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee (IRC) and its partners (Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management), is a five-year project with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education (DoE) throughout Pakistan to improve reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project aims to achieve this goal through three distinct but inter related components that work in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improved classroom learning environment for reading, improved policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan.
The District Program Manager will provide leadership and overall management support to the Pakistan reading project at district level and ensure that project activities are completed as per required quality and work plans.
· Develop and maintain strong coordination with key stakeholders in the district e.g. district administration, education department, and other line departments for successful and sustainable implementation of projects initiatives.
· Manage in-service professional development activities in the district (that include face-to-face trainings, follow-ups and roll out of TIG activities).
· Ensure administrative and logistic support required to implement project activities in the district.
· Lead district based staff in detailed weekly/monthly/quarterly planning including field travels/school visits while adhering to quarterly/annual/LoP work plan targets and indicators.
· Participate in the recruitment of School Support Associates and other district staff as per HR recruitment policies and guidelines
· Under the guidance of Technical Coordinator/leads at provincial level, supervise district based staff that include School Support Associates and Admin. & Finance Officer etc. and appraises their performance as scheduled.
· Develop and submit monthly cash projection against program activities, support district based procurement (as needed)
· Ensure maintaining and updating of financial and compliance records/matters.
· Support the district, provincial and national offices in undertaking monitoring and data collection of work plan activities and participate in various surveys conducted in the district
· Prepare and submit district level monthly, quarterly and annual reports and maintain updates to be shared with his/her supervisor and the provincial team on a regular or as and when required basis.
· Compile success stories from the field and undertake case studies to highlight impact of the project.
· Have enough capability to address any issue of field immediately.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Provincial Professional Development Coordinator OR Technical Coordinator at Provincial level Position directly supervises: SSA, Admin & Finance Officer, M&E Assistant (Administratively), Office Aide
Indirect Reporting: Other Contacts:
Internal : Provincial and National level technical and operational teams etc
External : Education Department officials, Schools Administration, Teachers, District Management etc
ü Experience with PRP or any USAID funded project
ü Experience of managing and supervising field based training programs in education or other professional development projects.
ü Proficient in MS- Office (Computer skills)
ü Can communicate in both (verbal and written) local language, Urdu and English
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Managing and supervising field based training programs particularly for elementary/ primary teachers and other professional development activities.
· Ability to model best practices in mentoring district based team for successful program implementation.
· Ability to manage and adhere to strict timelines
· Strong interpersonal and coordination skills
· Strong information sharing and report writing skills.
· Strong people management and conflict resolution skills
Travel Requirements: This project has extensive field travel and the candidate should be willing to travel across district/province/region and to remote areas (at least 50% time in the field.
Locals will be preferred for this positions
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education ...
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education ...Read More