Scope of work
Continuous Professional Development of teachers through Teacher Inquiry Group is the key aspect of Pakistan Reading Project. For TIGs, TIG Module plays central role in providing opportunity for TIG members to learn from each other. With lighter intervention mode cohort 1 & 2 will receive support through Quarterly TIG Meeting and they will require TIG Modules for these meetings. Quarterly TIG Modules will be developed and a designer will be required to support professional development team for illustrations, formatting and designing these newly prepared TIG Modules. The main responsibility of the graphic designer would be to provide support to the professional development team and manual writers in designing and formatting Urdu Quarterly TIG Modules. Along with designing, he/she will design illustrations, charts and graphs relevant to TIG Modules that are culturally and contextually appropriate and relevant to Pakistan. He/she will correct typo errors in the modules and redesign material if required. The total number of pages will be 393 for designing.
Starting from November 15, 2016 and ending by December 15, 2016
Draft Designing and formatting November 30, 2016
Complete Designing and formatting of TIG Modules: December 15, 2016.
Has a deep understanding and knowledge about;
1. Graphic designing software - In-Design, adobe illustrator/primer, Photoshop, etc.
2. Good typing speed in Urdu/English
3. Use of computer, internet and MS Office package
4. Understanding of graphic designing in MS Word- Urdu/English
5. An evidence or proof of previous work with verifiable references is required.
• Graphic Designer must have at least 5 year of experience of working on graphic designing with a renowned organization/ newspaper/magazine/educational materials.
Note: Experience with USAID projects preferred.
1. Good command on reading and writing in Urdu/English desirable.
2. Excellent skills in using graphic designing software.
3. Good aesthetic/artistic taste in designing.
4. Ability to work under extreme pressure and meeting deadlines.
Major Equipment Requirements:
Graphic Designer must have his/her own laptop with Urdu font (Alvi Nastaleeq), Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator (Adobe Creative Cloud) for designing of TIG Modules Urdu.
Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) is a USAID funded project to improve the quality of reading in public and private schools across Pakistan, supporting at least 2.5 million additional primary school students to read at a level commensurate with standards at their grade level. This goal will be supporte ...Read More