Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) is a USAID funded project to improve the quality of reading in public and private schools across Pakistan, supporting at least 2.5 million additional primary school students to read at a level commensurate with standards at their grade level. This goal will be supported by the mutually-reinforcing components of teacher education and professional development (PD), systems reform, and civil society engagement. The Pakistan Reading Project is a five year project to be implemented in 67 districts of 8 provinces across Pakistan.
· Write complex queries and related procedures to generate insights from data sources while ensuring safety and security control measures.
· Write views, functions and triggers in database to increase system performance
· Document and comment about the function and performance or output of the scripts.
· Support in the development of analytical modules of IS dashboard, this includes coding & testing of scripts, integration of UI components, retrieve aggregate level data through queries to populate graphs, and web reports.
· Provide support to create business intelligence interfaces, work-flows, access levels, data models, and multi-dimensional analysis control for various visualization and tabulation of performance data.
· Provide support database manager on regular basis to enhance data structures, back-end schemas and related server and client side programing.
· Participate in M&E events to discuss the M&E IS implementation and related challenges to identify areas of improvement and user requirements.
· Provide support to end users, and any other task as assigned by supervisor.
· To write test functions for data model and application modules
· To run the program script to test the syntax to evaluate outputs
· To document comments and report test results
· To manage necessary installation and updates of software at Windows based server side
· To manage deployment of the database syntax and program script for pilot testing and penetration
· To manage deployment of application functions and pilot testing
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Position directly supervises: Database Manager
Indirect Reporting: Other Internal and/or external contacts:
· University Graduate Degree (preferably in Information Technology / Computer science)
· At least 3-4 years work experience in software development preferably with USAID funded projects.
· Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
· Must have working experience of Codeigniter and Bootstrap themes to incorporate them in the application modules.
· Develop database schema and the database structural models
· Explore new tools to upgrade system performance.
This project has extensive field travel and the candidate should be willing to travel across province/region and to remote areas (at least 20% time will be spent in the field)