This is to inform all that some fraudsters are using fake identities, pretending to represent Pakistan Reading Project and posting fake job vacancies on online job portals and sending fake interview calls through e-mails and letters. Pakistan Reading Project only uses the [email protected] email address to send job related emails. Any communication received from a domain other than @pakreading.org DOES NOT represent official communications from Pakistan Reading Project. Please ignore any such communication.
Program Background Summary
Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) is five years USAID funded project starting June 2013 with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education (DoE) throughout Pakistan to improve reading skills of at least 1.3 million children in grade one and two. The goal will be supported by three interrelated components including improved classroom learning environment for reading, improve policies and systems for reading and community based support for reading in Pakistan. The anticipated results include 23,800 teachers in 23,800 public schools with improved skills in teaching reading,3,649 scholarships for ADE and B.Ed (Hons) students, mobile bus libraries reaching out to 300 communities.
Field-based M&E coordinator is responsible for overall Monitoring and Evaluation of project in respective target area. M&E coordinator with the technical guidance of Sr. M&E Advisor, responsible identifying needs of project database, articulate database design with ICT team according to project PMP needs, develop staff capacity to use project database and ensure data is regularly entered in project database. The position holder is responsible to ensure that all project indicators are properly incorporated in various data collection tools and data management systems. It also requires standardizations of data collection tools, processes and systems to ensure smooth data flow for timely decision making and reporting. He/She will also provide assistance to project team in designing and conducting various internal and external surveys to check project implementation quality and provide support to improve implementation over time.
Project - Database Development
· Responsible for consultation with field project staff to identify needs of Project database
· Coordinate with Project staff. Sr. M&E Advisor and ICT team to identify project database needs/requirements
· Design various data collection tools based on output level indictors in consultation with respective program staff and Sr M&E advisor
· Assist Sr. M&E Advisor to finalize and standardize data collection tools, processes and systems
· Assist Sr. M&E Advisor to develop policies, practices and procedures that properly manage the full data lifecycle of project database
· Regularly work with project staff to identify various M&E needs to assess project progress and performance regularly and also on need basis
· Build capacity of identified project staff to use data collection tools and project data base/M&EIS
· Weekly follow up with identified project staff to ensure regularly data collected, verified and entered in project database
· Communicates directly with Sr. program staff to ensure that requirements and needs of project reporting are understood fully
· Analyze Project staff’s requirements from Project database and translate into appropriate and effective technical solutions in consultation with ICT staff
· Design training on project database for identified project staff; how to collect, enter and analyze data on weekly and monthly basis
· Conduct training in consultation with ICT team and Sr. M&E advisor with identified focal points, Sr Program Staff and all other concerned staff on Project database; how to collect data, enter in system, verify and analyze
· Conduct follow up of each training conducted on M&E and provide on job training according to project needs
· Design training/s on various identified M&E needs e.g. data analysis, DQA process, Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA), SPSS, Writing success stories, field monitoring
· Identify resource person if financial resources available and assist consultant to deliver trainings in respective field offices
· Responsible for designing trainings on data management and analysis based on project staff and M&E needs
· Responsible to ensure that data management and analysis needs of various project staff are identified and addressed
· Organize sessions for the project staff at provincial and district level on donor approved project documents including but not limited to PMP, WP and Technical Narrative
· Provide technical support M&E related issues to project staff as necessary.
Role in Surveys/Studies
· Design various project surveys/studies including data collection tools, sampling, methodologies and ensure data quality and integrity in various surveys conducted internally or externally
· Assist ICT staff in development of databases for various surveys/Studies, data entry sheet and other tools for effective data collection, entry and analysis of survey data
· Coding of Questionnaires for easy and effective data entry
· Facilitate translation of questionnaires in to local languages if required
· Maintain data integrity at field and as well as at data entry level
· Data cleaning (removing of errors from data which may cause during the data entry of surveys)
· Help in analyzing primary and secondary data by SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Sciences) and MS-Excel.
Other M&E Tasks
· Closely work with project staff to develop monitoring plans and assist Sr. M&E advisor to compile and finalize overall project Monitoring Plan for PRP
· Ensure monitoring and evaluation systems are well maintained and fully functioning throughout the project duration and adjusted when required by changing program needs
· Lead data collection process and ensure high-quality data is collected in accordance with the agreed time plan and data collection strategy. In cooperation with the Sr Project Staff, analyze and summarize data, and help ensure high-quality reporting for regular, interim and final report
· Develop weekly and monthly work plans with field project teams. Track the team’s ability to deliver on the plan and report back to the team each week
· Work closely with the Sr. M & E Advisor to establish coordinated data collection processes, standards for the entire project as required to meet monitoring, evaluation and reporting needs
· Assist in updates weekly, monthly, quarterly report for donor and IRC HQ
· Any other task related to M&E assigned by immediate and technical supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Technical Coordinator
Position directly supervises: M&E Officer & M&E Assistants
Indirect Reporting: M&E Advisor Other Internal and/or external contacts
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project, implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners (Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management), is a seven-year project (2013-2020) with the objective to support the provincial and regional departme ...Read More