Program Background Summary: Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) is five years USAID funded project started in June 2013 with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education (DoE) throughout Pakistan to improve reading skills of at least 1.3 million children in grade one and two. The goal will be supported by three interrelated components including improved classroom learning environment for reading, improve policies and systems for reading and community based support for reading in Pakistan. The anticipated results include 23,800 teachers in 23,800 public schools with improved skills in teaching reading, 3,649 scholarships for ADE and B.Ed (Hons) students, mobile bus libraries reaching out to 300 communities.
The M&E assistant will be working under the technical supervision of the provincial/regional M&E coordinator and administrative supervision of district program manager and in a close coordination with the school support associates and M&E officer. S/he will be mainly responsible of gathering data, follow up on activities and reporting M&E data to provincial/regional offices. S/he will also be responsible to follow up with the field team regarding collection of means of verifications against completed activities at district level and submitting them to regional M&E office.
· Provide filing, printing, scanning and other automation support to district staff.
· Assist M&E team in data collection and reporting evidences against the activities completed at district level to provincial office.
· Assist to perform data reviews, cleaning and apply validation and triangulation checks for reporting data.
· Support in logistics of field data collection tools and manage log of all incoming data.
· Help M&E Coordinator/Officer to cross-check evidences and other means of verification for the progress reported in monthly and quarterly reports.
· Organize all data evidences for activities completed at field level of their districts.
· Help to prepare various data summaries and perform data entry of feedback forms for various trainings/orientations completed at district level.
· Assist School Support Associates (SSA) to upload information on M&E Information System.
· Provide support to arrange in-house orientation to district staff on upcoming data collection surveys and studies.
· Any other task assigned by the M&E team.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Regional M&E Coordinator
Indirect Reporting: Provincial/Regional M&E Officer Other Internal and/or external contacts:
· Education: Bachelors
· Work Experience: 0.5 – 1 year in related field (conducting surveys, data collection and reporting, internship etc.)
· Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: know about basic skills of data collection, proficient in MS Excel and online data entry
· Language Skills: English, Urdu and other local languages are preferred
· Preference: female are encouraged to apply and will be preferred for this post.