The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education throughout Pakistan to improve the reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project aims to achieve this goal through three distinct but interrelated components that work in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improved classroom learning environment for reading, improved policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan.
The M&E assistant will be working under the technical supervision of the provincial/regional M&E coordinator and administrative supervision of district program manager and in a close coordination with the school support associates and M&E officer. S/he will be mainly responsible of gathering data, follow up on activities and reporting M&E data to provincial/regional offices. S/he will also be responsible to follow up with the field team regarding collection of means of verifications against completed activities at district level and submitting them to regional M&E office.
- Provide filing, printing, scanning and other automation support to district staff.
- Assist M&E team in data collection and reporting evidences against the activities completed at district level to provincial office.
- Assist to perform data reviews, cleaning and apply validation and triangulation checks for reporting data.
- Support in logistics of field data collection tools and manage log of all incoming data.
- Help M&E Coordinator/Officer to cross-check evidences and other means of verification for the progress reported in monthly and quarterly reports.
- Organize all data evidences for activities completed at field level of their districts.
- Help to prepare various data summaries and perform data entry of feedback forms for various trainings/orientations completed at district level.
- Assist School Support Associates (SSA) to upload information on M&E Information System.
- Provide support to arrange in-house orientation to district staff on upcoming data collection surveys and studies.
- Any other task assigned by the M&E team.
· Education: Bachelors
· Work Experience: 1 – 2 year in related field
· Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: know about basic concepts of M&E, proficient in MS Excel and online data entry
· Language Skills: English, Urdu and other local languages are preferred